Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a brand new product for the Honda Fury. These fork extenders are just under 1" longer than stock and polished on top, giving you a little taller ride in the front and a cleaner look on the top triple tree. Why 1" (actually .90") taller, well because this creates a seamless look with the front fork tubes, if they were longer you would see the line where the extender meets the fork tube. Also this design does not effect the handling of your ride and still giving you a slight lift in the front, like a true Chopper.

The material is solid billet 6061T aluminum material with a High polish top surface.

The product will retail for $105 but we will do a pre-order special for $80. This special is only till 3/28 (this Sunday) and on Monday the info will be released to our dealers and at that time we can not offer any discounts.

Very important! If your interested all you have to do is email us your contact info to [email protected]. We will contact you on Monday to confirm the order and collect funds. This product is in stock and will ship out on payment confirmation.

This info is not on our website yet, please no phone order request, via email only and we will confirm your request via email over the weekend.

Thanks for your interest and all your patience with our company.

Best regards,
Chris Hagest
CEO
Low and Mean
928-255-0230

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Awesome, thanks for the update and finally, a different product for this bike! Thanks for updating us... Sucks that I bought my fork nut covers already... Oh, will it work with a fork nut cover? Glad to see you guys coming out with things again! :cool:

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
RSS, I don't see how your fork covers would work, unless you just stick them on top.

I'm sorry, but I can't see .5 as being much different than stock.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not many would see .5 being much, but when you lower the bike and have our fork extenders, there's a big difference from stock. It's all about combination, that separates the unique motorcycles from the rest.

These are not fork caps, they are a direct replacement for the stock Honda Fury fork caps.

LM

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
I just had a set of those made at the local machine shop. I was looking for a cleaner top more than the extension, mine are not even 1/2 longer than stock.

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
Not many would see .5 being much, but when you lower the bike and have our fork extenders, there's a big difference from stock. It's all about combination, that separates the unique motorcycles from the rest.

These are not fork caps, they are a direct replacement for the stock Honda Fury fork caps.

LM
If we could just find a company that would make a lowering kit.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If we could just find a company that would make a lowering kit.
Hahah, if you do please let us know so we can focus on our other products! LOL

I'll tell you first hand 8 months of development and testing to replace the current shock at a affordable price is a tough job.

PLEASE, I welcome any one to beat us to the punch, we would be glad to bow politely.

LM

·
Registered
500 Posts
I'm likin' 'em

Looks good for a buncha reasons:

Even though I have the RAW fork caps and like them; they're essentially a pop-on top which sort of make the forks look a little taller, which is why I got them. But these *actually* make the forks a little taller. .5 not much? True. But sometimes the smallest things make a perceptible effect on something, even if you can't exactly put a finger on what it is. And I'm for anything that accentuates that kicked out extended look that is traditionally 'chopper' that the fury is all about. Also gotta admit I kinda like that flat-top look across top of the triple tree.

Second, I reluctantly gave up the scootworks risers due to a. that crappy looking finish which they mis-represented on their website (imho) relative to the triple tree chrome, and b. the floating alien spaceship effect of the instrument cluster floating there in mid-air lol (again just imho). I gained some pullback but lost 1" rise when I switched to the altogether better looking Cannella risers - this puts back half an inch of the lost 1" - might be close to the best of both worlds; nearly the rise and more pullback.

Anyways; that's my thinkin' and I'm stickin' to it :) .. Gotta try 'em.

Wonder if Redspawn Industries is ready to contract out milling used RAW forkcaps to fit on center bolts ;)?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Fork extenders are .9 longer than stock fork caps, and raise the bike .5" under the motor area. We have our pdf instructions done, and they will be up on our website by Tuesday- Wednesday. Install video coming soon as well. We can go taller than the.9", but they cost more, you'll see the fork tube top line, and the ride is worse at high speeds.

Here's the written detail on the install:
Suggestions for install:
1) Raise bike using motorcycle lift so that the front tire is just off the ground.
2) Start by removing the stock fork cap on the clutch side of the bike using a 17mm open end wrench. Once unthreaded from the fork it will still be attached by the inner threaded rod. At this point you may need to slightly lower the bike putting a little pressure on the front tire, this will expose the inner cylinder and threaded rod. (see Figure1.1) Using a flat screwdriver insert between the washer and fork cap and twist making room to insert a 14mm open end wrench. (see Figure 1.2) Now holding the nut on the threaded rod, again use a 17mm wrench to loosen and remove the stock cap. (see Figure 1.3) Once removed, change the o‐ring from the stock fork cap to the new Low and Mean fork extender.
3) Now, place the 14mm open end wrench on the threaded rod nut and hand thread the new Low and Mean fork extender. Tighten the fork extender until snug then install a tool (ex: screw driver or rod) through the hole in the new fork extender to tighten further. (see Figure 1.4)
4) Now that the fork extender is tight, loosen the triple clamps and adjust the height of the fork so that the new fork extender sits flush with the top triple clamp.(you may need to slightly raise the bike using the lift) Finally tighten all triple clamp bolts. (see Figure 1.5)
5) With the bike still on the lift, repeat steps 2 through 4 for throttle side installation. The only difference is that there is no inner threaded rod on the throttle side.

LM

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
It's all about combination, that separates the unique motorcycles from the rest.
LM
I’m not the type that likes to “stick out”LOL.:D

The more I look at this, the more I am intrigued. I may have to jump on this also.

I need some more money, anyone looking to buy or sell a house in the Dayton, Ohio area? You know, for that matter, if any of you are looking to buy or sell a home, let me know and I can get you a referral and maybe save you a few bucks. I'm in a national referral network and every dollar saved can be another dollar for the Fury.:)

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I need some more money, anyone looking to buy or sell a house in the Dayton, Ohio area? You know, for that matter, if any of you are looking to buy or sell a home, let me know and I can get you a referral and maybe save you a few bucks. I'm in a national referral network and every dollar saved can be another dollar for the Fury.:)
Who in the hell is gonna' buy a house from a pointy eared blue dude? :D

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
I’m not the type that likes to “stick out”LOL.:D

The more I look at this, the more I am intrigued. I may have to jump on this also.

Well, Richard, the only thing I have that is not upside down now is my outhouse with 1/2 acre, It's a two seater, new paint and hardwood floors. If you can get me a good offer? TKS :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts