Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
YES!!!!
Time to spend more cash!
That is awsome! Now I won't need to clean my damn Irate grill every time I ride.
Excellent job!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Holy crap $525+ for a gloss black fiberglass front fender! It's a bad a** fender for sure but umm, that hurts! How about a core credit for returning the stock? LOL

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
HOLY CRAP IS RIGHT!
I thought it was three hundred total. I did not pay attention to the plus symbol.
EXCELLENT job like I said but forget it. Let me know when you drop the price $200.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Holy crap $525+ for a gloss black fiberglass front fender! It's a bad a** fender for sure but umm, that hurts! How about a core credit for returning the stock? LOL
yeah,,i spent 249 on that chin spoiler,,and 6 something for seats,,not looking at spending a grand on a fender and a spiked air filter,,if i read that correct,,300 for the spiked filter and 250 for the chrome adapter?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry guys, our painter are very good and worth every penny. Your welcome to have it painted anywhere, it doesn't have to be through us. In fact we would rather not sell the fender painted, because we make no money on the cost of paint.
Here's a link to Color rite Motorcycle Paint :: Touch Up, Aerosol & Refinish Paint - ColorRite they are the industry standard when it comes to buying paint to match the factory colors.
Here's a link to the different Fury colors.
Paint Search :: Color Results - ColorRite

Now you can see the cost of paint, cost of clear coat, add primer, and add the labor for sanding, buffing. After that there's not much profit left over.

We are not happy with our paint prices, but we do make sure you get your money worth in quality.

LM

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
What is the total price if we get it painted too?
I got the reaper fender with Matte finish but had to cancel the paint for now, 325.00 to paint and I now its alot of work to get it right, I never question the price I cant afford it right now. 491.00 if painted, with shipping.
I just cant get it all done now, I was thinking of doing some custom paint in the future/this summer. So I will wait to paint local when I get some more cash.

Fender is still coming!!!:D

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
I know a lot of you think this is a lot of money to spend for a front fender but I can tell you that I have this fender and it is truly a work of art with a great design and lines and is of the very best of quality that the photos just doesn't show to you. I have bought many parts over the years and have been disappointed more times that not but having purchased other parts from L&M I can say that this is one of the few company's I have never been disappointed by with any of their products. Their parts have a superior quality to them that is rarely found nowadays. This is one beautiful fender and my complaints go out to L &M and however had the vision to designed such a piece of art for the Fury. Thanks

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow, Thanks Dave, that has to be the compliment of the year. Man I hope you guys like the rear fender a fraction of what has been expressed about the front fender for the Honda Fury.

I just can't wait to see our front fender, Rear fender, seat pan, and Full radiator chin scoop all together slammed out on AIR. Lot's more stuff coming for the Fury from Low and Mean. Now if I can just finish this damn air ride.

LM

·
Registered
835 Posts
As I have said before, I have personal experience with Low and Mean products because my husband has everything Low and Mean makes for his custom Yamaha Raider. All his parts have been painted by Low and Mean and the quality is great. My husband's bike has won best paint as well as first place radical custom and 11 other awards in top shows in our area. I ordered my fender for my Fury unpainted as paint prices have increased and I THOUGHT I could get it painted locally cheaper. Guess what??? You think $325.00 is high? My painter called today with a price of $596.00 to paint it!!!!! He said it is time consuming to roll the edges. Well guys, my husbands front and rear fender from Low and Mean has a show quality finish and the edges are rolled. I am fighting to get my local guy to be reasonable as I've already had him buy the paint. I wish now, that I had just had Low and Mean do the job.

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
I installed my new L & M front fender today it looks totally awesome. I plan on getting a custom paint job in the future so I really didn't want to spend a lot of money painting the fender now and then repaint it again when I do the custom work but I thought I would share with you another cheaper option that worked out well for me right now. I purchased a can of oem aerosol spray paint and a can of clear coat from colorite at a cost of $62 and shot the fender with it. I was pretty amazed how well it covered and it might be an good option for others who might be in the same boat as me.

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
Mental, I used about a half can of each. I gave it three thin coats of paint and three coats of clear. I had it looking real nice and then notice one spot that was perfect just before I went to install so I anxiously hit it with another thin coat of clear without taking the time to sand it between the last clear coat and the clear wrinkled up on me. It really pissed me off since I had it looking so nice and then I had twice as much work because I was to lazy to take the time to sand the last clear coat so it cost me twice the time sanding off the damage and buffing it out. Its not perfect but certainly not bad for a spray can. I was really amazed at the color match and if it was for my mishap I think it could be closely matched to professional job.If you try it just make sure to lightly sand between coats with 600 and you wont be ripping out your hair.

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
So do you think you could paint the rear fender completley with 1 full can of each or 2 cans?
One can of paint and one can of clear should be plenty enough. Their aerosol paint is nice but I'm not crazy about the clear coat. I didn't know what kind of paint it was beforehand and figured their clear coat would be a good match but if i ever use it again I think I will use their oem spray paint and look for another clear coat. I'm hoping to do a custom paint some time in the near future so this is the the reason I went this route. I might even play around with another rear fender and paint it this way after I drop the back end with the Tony tail.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Awesome Work LOW AND MEAN!

Nice work guys, I just got my front fender today and it looks awesome!

The overall quality is A++. I now own a non plastic fender YA! FAST FAST TURN AROUND!

Wish I had the CASH FOR THE PAINT BUT ILL WAIT FOR THE CUSTOM JOB OR JUST DO THE MATTE LATER THIS SUMMER!

I NEVER DOUBTED THE COST OF THE PAINT or thought it was to much, I JUST CANT SWING IT ALL NOW. I have BILLS TO PAY!:cool:

LOW AND MEAN:FYI

The bottom of the fender is so sharp it needs to be covered at the TIPS so they dont poke out the box, they poked thru the box during shipping and luckily they did not break. FYI

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
FUCK IT! I normally don't swear too much but it is appropriate. I really didn't think it would make that much difference but you guys did awesome with this.
I got some good side work coming. I'll place my order in three weeks. I'm going to order it painted.
JUST DO IT!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts