Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of horsepower will the Honda Fury have??

·
Registered
16 Posts
IM not sure yet. I know its running the VTX1300 motor but Fuel Injected, So i would assume that it would be similar to the VTX?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Honda claims 76 horsepower at 5000 rpm for the VTX1300. (A tester cranked out 60.3 hp at 5000 rpm and 77.4 foot-pounds of torque at 3000 rpm on the SuperFlow dyno.) My guess is add about 10-15% with the EFI.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Honda claims 76 horsepower at 5000 rpm for the VTX1300. (A tester cranked out 60.3 hp at 5000 rpm and 77.4 foot-pounds of torque at 3000 rpm on the SuperFlow dyno.) My guess is add about 10-15% with the EFI.
I would be very surprised to see that much of an increase from just the EFI,now maybe with a new more aggressive cam grind also:D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hot off the press! Review in Cycle World June 2009 tested the Fury and claims these #'s:
56.0 rear wheel HP @4300 RPM.
71.6 foot-pounds of TORQUE @3300 RPM.
Top Speed governed at 100 MPH.
0-60 in 5.4 sec.
1/4 mile in 13.88 sec @ 92.58 MPH.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
A moped, Damn those are some low numbers :( Well, it doesn't feel that slow. Time for some F/I :cool:

·
Registered
219 Posts
New VMAX is 190 HP>. Neighbor has one and he can outrun my GSXR 1000 for the first 100 yards then Im Gone:D

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
New VMAX is 190 HP>. Neighbor has one and he can outrun my GSXR 1000 for the first 100 yards then Im Gone:D
Yea... I looked at them when I was looking for a bike. Too cramped up for me or else I may be riding one of those bad boys.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Ive riden my neighbors several times. The VMAX is very fast but will only go about 90 miles and ya gotta get gas. Also its 17k price tag wasnt what i was looking for. I was suprised that he could outrun the mighty Gixer for just a lil bit and then I blew by him when he hit around 100 mph. I dont know what the VMAX will top out at but the Gixer will do around 170 mph.

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
Ive riden my neighbors several times. The VMAX is very fast but will only go about 90 miles and ya gotta get gas. Also its 17k price tag wasnt what i was looking for. I was suprised that he could outrun the mighty Gixer for just a lil bit and then I blew by him when he hit around 100 mph. I dont know what the VMAX will top out at but the Gixer will do around 170 mph.
That has me wondering... whats the Fury top out at? I have only taken mine up to around 80 or so.

And no way in h$11 I will go 170 on a bike... fastest I recall going on 2 wheels was 150 or so... and I was on the back begging to slow the darn bike down.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Ive gotten my Fury up to 90mph and thats good for me. Most of the time you will find me going 60 to 65. I bought the Fury to cruise on and Ive got the Gixer when Im feeling the need for speed:eek: Here lately, the Fury has been getting all the miles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
"Honda claims 76 horsepower at 5000 rpm for the VTX1300. (A tester cranked out 60.3 hp at 5000 rpm and 77.4 foot-pounds of torque at 3000 rpm on the SuperFlow dyno.) My guess is add about 10-15% with the EFI."

"EFI is not the only upgrade from the VTX1300. The heads and cams have been reworked for the Fury."

Hot off the press! Review in Cycle World June 2009 tested the Fury and claims these #'s:
56.0 rear wheel HP @4300 RPM.
71.6 foot-pounds of TORQUE @3300 RPM.
Top Speed governed at 100 MPH.
0-60 in 5.4 sec.
1/4 mile in 13.88 sec @ 92.58 MPH.
WOW new heads cams and FI = less power:confused: way to go Honda:mad:
After riding the new Fury I will not be buying one LOOKS COOL but way down on power,HONDA put a single pin crank 1800 on the FURY then you will have something :D

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
"Honda claims 76 horsepower at 5000 rpm for the VTX1300. (A tester cranked out 60.3 hp at 5000 rpm and 77.4 foot-pounds of torque at 3000 rpm on the SuperFlow dyno.) My guess is add about 10-15% with the EFI."

"EFI is not the only upgrade from the VTX1300. The heads and cams have been reworked for the Fury."

WOW new heads cams and FI = less power:confused: way to go Honda:mad:
After riding the new Fury I will not be buying one LOOKS COOL but way down on power,HONDA put a single pin crank 1800 on the FURY then you will have something :D
After riding this bike for a little over a month. I have to say that the power of the bike is just fine. It takes off like a bat out of hell from a red light *if you want it to* The roll on power is there, if you need to speed up from say 65 to 80. As for the numbers that were pulled, it may seem small, but the seat of the pants dyno says it's perfect :cool:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Did your neighbor remove the factory restrictor plate from behind the air filter? It opens it up some more and pushes the engine to right at 200hp at the crankshaft.

My VMax is riding pretty fast from dead stop to 150 on the speedo. There are some guys who have bypassed the speed limiter also and push 170.

The VMax may not be the top speed king.......but don't blink or miss a shift when you run one.

Hahahahaha!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Fury HP

What kind of horsepower will the Honda Fury have??
We tested the stock Honda Fury here at S&S and found 57.1 Peak Hp and 75.9 Torque. I posted a dyno graph under S&S in the supporting vendors sections. Right click on it and open it in a new window for a larger view.

·
Registered
396 Posts
We tested the stock Honda Fury here at S&S and found 57.1 Peak Hp and 75.9 Torque. I posted a dyno graph under S&S in the supporting vendors sections. Right click on it and open it in a new window for a larger view.
To me, these results show that Honda did a good job of designing the stock air filter for the stock bike. I would have expected a way bigger gain in power than 1.8HP & .7FT Lb Torque by adding the S&S Air Cleaner. I do not know what you gain on a 1340 H-D, but it feels like way more than that. However, a stock H-D filter housing has NO air inlet so it will pass EPA.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts