Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Given the economy and how terrible it is for credit and bike sales.... how many people think that the Fury will drop in price? Will I be able to get a price BELOW MSRP or will the dealers try to gouge because its a new bike?

Let me know what you think

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think there are going to be a lot of "first year buyers" .. people that want one NOW no matter what price....

My guess is that 2010 Fury will go for either a few G's over MSRP.... or MSRP

I think that you'll see better deals and some price relief in 2011 and 2012

·
Registered
27 Posts
But what is that price ???

I have been anxiously searching the net since I first heard of this bike about 3 weeks ago and I find "guesses" all over the place, even my dealer won't tell me a price but he is happy to take a deposit for price to be negotiated later.

Hurry the F up Honda, I have a Victory with my name on it at the dealership. If Honda does not get its act together and give us a price very quickly, it will be too late, I will be riding a Victory. I need to make a decision soon, spring riding around here is the best and soccer mom totaled my Victory when she tried to take me out last year.

I don't understand all this hoopla that Honda did around the Fury and then NOTHING !!! absolutely no news about it since Jan. 16 at the L.A. bike show.

Oh and of course the dealerships will try to gouge that is what they do, the only good part for me is that I have purchased 4 bikes from my Honda dealer and he knows it and he also knows there is another Honda dealer much closer to me than him.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My dealer said its still not official because of the USD/JPY (Japanese Yen) conversion rate. Honda is waiting til the last minute to decide.

However, he said it will be more than $12,000 and less than $16,000 ....

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
27 Posts
yeah, that is the range I have heard...starting at 11k and up to about 16k.

Above 14 or so and I will be riding a Victory unless this Fury is really special when I see it in person and I can't imagine it will be that special. My wife has already said she is NOT spending 4 or 5 hours a day on that pillion seat and we know we can a comfy seat for her on the Vic. I usually ride alone but she goes with me on trips.

I have to wait until I see the Fury in person but for me my breakpoint will probably around 13k and I will go to the Vic.

Anxiously waiting !!! riding weather is almost here !

·
Registered
27 Posts
From the FURY FACEBOOK website, its sill not on the official website but its the official facebook site.

Hot off the wire! MSRP for the Honda Fury:

$12,999 -- Black, Silver Metallic, Ultra Blue Metallic, Dark Red Metallic

$13,499 -- Matte Silver Metallic (Special Edition)

$13,999 -- Black (ABS version)

Too rich for me...I will be riding a Victory I guess, from this pricing info it would appear the Dark Red Metallic wont have the ABS and 14k is too close to the 17k I can buy a Victory for.

·
Registered
30 Posts
$12,999 -- Black, Silver Metallic, Ultra Blue Metallic, Dark Red Metallic

$13,499 -- Matte Silver Metallic (Special Edition)

$13,999 -- Black (ABS version)
WTF.... so I can't get the Blue or the Matte Silver with ABS ?????

I would really like the blue or matte silver, but I woudl also really prefer to get ABS.

Do you have a link??

·
Registered
13 Posts
The prices are actually much cheaper than I expected.... I think its kind of dumb I have to pay $500 extra for the matte ... but whatever, I'm super-excited. I thought it would have been closer to $15k than $13.5k.... so I'm good

·
Registered
27 Posts
Do you have a link??
I assume you have found the link by now. Go to the powersports page and click on facebook at the bottom or click below.

Honda Fury | Facebook

I still say its too much, the VTX 1300 starts at $10k and the fully loaded VTX is only $11,200, this bike has a LOT less on it than that bike, yeah it has fuel injection but lots less junk so for the fury to be priced higher than that is ridiculous.

And yeah, it appears that ABS will only be on the funeral bike, not the other colors, I won't ride a black bike just like I wont ride in a black car, I hope the only time I ride in a black car is when I am in the pine box in the back, black is just not a color I would even consider. But I had hoped for ABS that was one big item over the Victory for me. I figure that will change for next years models and ABS will be on the other colors but I want a bike this year, going North this weekend with the wife and will stop at my Vic dealer (nearest one is 88 miles away and that got old with my last Vic) and I will have my gear with me in case I come home with a Vic. As my wife said the big positive with the Honda was dealers close by but at that price I will pay the extra $3k or $3,500 for a Vic, the Fury is just $1,000 too much.

·
Registered
16 Posts
What Vicotry are you looking at grabbing?

I dont know man, Get what you like more. But I would stick with the Fury. just not the ABS version. I HATE ABS!

·
Registered
27 Posts
What Vicotry are you looking at grabbing?
Don't want to take this off subject too much but I am looking at Victory Vegas, not its derivatives like 8-ball or jackpot, but the plain old Vegas. Wife and I put 18,000 miles over 2 years on my last Vegas before soccer mom ran a stop sign and broadsided me.

This Honda was VERY appealing to me because of the dealer network, my nearest Vic dealer is 100 miles away making it a 200 mile round trip and careful planning if anything might take overnight, Honda dealers are everywhere. I also like the reliability of shaft drive and water cooling, some people say its one more thing to break on the road but I believe it really is more reliable in the long run. Also because my dirt bikes have always been Honda's I have a pretty good relationship with my local dealer.

For me the fact that there are local dealers was (still is) a major positive but the price is too much, this bike has the VTX motor (fuel injection is the only difference) and they can sell that for $10k why is this naked chopper more ? I can see a little more for the FI but not that much more. I was expecting the ABS to add so that part I am ok with.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes the fact that its a Honda makes it very appealing to me as well - dealerships + great service + reliability..... all in a pretty cool package :)
The price tag in my mind is actually a pretty positive thing. I don't mind paying $1k or 2k for getting a Honda..... in my opinion, will be much more reliable and have BETTER RESALE VALUE than a Victory!
Just my $0.02

·
Registered
27 Posts
Resale value does not matter to me in any way. I ride my bikes and when I sell them they are either worn out or like my last one wrecked. I always ask people in my riding group if you buy based on resale why not just skip the buying part and keep the money. I have never understood the concept of thinking about resale when buying the latest and greatest toy, i guess. I read one website where it claimed that Victory surpassed Honda in reliability, not sure I believe it since Vic is not pushing that big time on their website.

I am still waiting to see one of these in person...getting anxious to buy a bike as spring time is rapidly coming.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Comfortable passenger seat Yamaha XVS 1100 V-Star Classic

Custom-made exceptionally comfortable passenger seat. Close to the size and shape of the driver's seat. The original passenger seat's flexible material is 2 cm thick, This is 8 cm.

Passenger Seat

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think $12,999 is a reasonable price for Fury. I see some have compared pricing with VTX, but that's really comparing apples and oranges. The styling is unlike anything you would expect from Honda and the part I like most is that it is a Honda. I going to look great next to my CBR. The matte silver SE model is my favorite. From what I can see, it looks like the difference is the painted black wheels with the red pin stripe and the Matte silver paint. For $500 more, that's like $15 more a month over 3 years, I'm going for it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I can't think of another production "chopper" (71.2" wheelbase, 38 degree rake) out there for $13.5k with Honda-like quality; plus its fuel injected and water cooled.

For example:

Harley Davidson Rocker - $17,399, 69.2" wheelbase, 36 degree rake
Victory Vegas - $16,299, 66.3" wheelbase, 32.9 degree rake
Star Raider - $13,790, 70.9" wheelbase, 34-degree rake plus 6 degrees yoke angle = total rake of 40 degrees

The Star Raider is closest in terms of price/wheelbase/rake. Still, seems to be in a league of its own! :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts