Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's great to see the magazines embrace the Honda Fury. As we all know this bike has turned a lot of heads from the day the motorcycle was released. Lately, Bryan Harley, an editor for Motorcycle-USA.com has been building a Honda Fury project bike. Bryan has brought together the top vendors and their products to create an amazing Honda Fury. Low and Mean has donated the Honda Fury Front Fender, rear fenders and Honda Fury Lowered Spring kit. Bryan is not only adding to the look of the Honda Fury, but also improving the performance with a HP kit, exhaust and air intake. There’s no question about it, when this Honda Fury is finished, this motorcycle will turn heads and blow doors. Check out motorcycle-USA.com blog for the complete story that Bryan Harley has put together.
Honda Fury project bike 1
Honda Fury project bike 2
Honda Fury project bike 2
Honda Fury project bike Update
New fenders for the Honda Fury
Stay tuned as more videos, articles and update coming from Low and Mean and Motorcycle-USA.com
LM

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
nice, they are finally starting to do smarter things with the bike.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Huh... I like that comment they made about the guy from Colorado, in that last link that from L&M... Was kind of inspiring actually... can't wait to see my fender all done and purdy'd up! Keep telling my painter... Get' r 'dun, but he just shakes his head at me... Damn Aussie painter :p

New fenders for the Honda Fury

·
Registered
829 Posts
Anyone considered the AFT Customs High Performance Cam and Piston Kit? 10hsp extra might be nice, but you think it would be that much? Any idea what a dealship might charge for that install? Also, these guys already have the rear fender from Low and Mean. When do we get to see a picture or it, painted or not.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Anyone considered the AFT Customs High Performance Cam and Piston Kit? 10hsp extra might be nice, but you think it would be that much? Any idea what a dealship might charge for that install? Also, these guys already have the rear fender from Low and Mean. When do we get to see a picture or it, painted or not.
You can see a pic on the motorcycle usa page

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Well, I still only saw the front fender. I guess I need some help wing pointed in the right direction.
Sorry Bike update link is the one, not a good shot of it but gives you a slight idea

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
After reading the article I AM adding the hp kit strictly for the new sound it will make with the cams. I have beefed my engine enough to like it as is (minus 100 mph limit) but this should give a more unique sound. I will be ordering the kit next week at pay time and cycle analysis will do the install and my 4k service. I'll advise on labor price then.

·
Registered
829 Posts
After reading the article I AM adding the hp kit strictly for the new sound it will make with the cams. I have beefed my engine enough to like it as is (minus 100 mph limit) but this should give a more unique sound. I will be ordering the kit next week at pay time and cycle analysis will do the install and my 4k service. I'll advise on labor price then.
Nice! Make sure to update as soon as it is done and add pics if there is much change to the look.

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts

Are you adding it for the sound or for the whopping 10 more hp?

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Are you adding it for the sound or for the whopping 10 more hp?
I hope your being serious, 10 HP on these bikes is a bit, stock they are like 60hp so that is an extra 1/6th the hp. To my s10 stock that would be an extra 40 hp roughly. to a new corvette that would be like an extra 70 hp. Many people forget the size difference of bikes and engines on them and think just the number rather than the % of improvement.

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
I am mainly adding it for the sound and crisper responce. I am not worried about 10 HP. My 08 CBR1000RR has nearly 3 times what the fury does. I may paint the side covers at install time but I will make a go at my first U tube video with it. I have the PC5 and no baffles so we will dyno tune it and I'll let you hear it. Loud as hell now so I can't wait.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I am mainly adding it for the sound and crisper responce. I am not worried about 10 HP. My 08 CBR1000RR has nearly 3 times what the fury does. I may paint the side covers at install time but I will make a go at my first U tube video with it. I have the PC5 and no baffles so we will dyno tune it and I'll let you hear it. Loud as hell now so I can't wait.
My scooter is currently undergoing the mod at Honda Powersports in Scottsdale. I'm going to have them "tune" the engine after the new parts are installed. I'm doing it for the extra 10 HP AND the crisper sound I think it will produce. I will be picking the bike up around the 5th of June or so. I'll start a new thread at that time reporting the results to ya'll.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Jimmy, I probably missed it in the article, but what will this end up running? Labor too, if you know.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Richard, I don't have an "exact" dollar figure, but was promised under 2K all said and done. I'm also going to have the cylinders powdercoated black and polish the fins.
When I get back to Arizona (I'm in Italy currently on a business flight) and pick up the bike, I'll post pictures and exact costs.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts