Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Was thinking about having a local shop fabricate a suicide shifter for the Fury and wanted some thoughts.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
886 Posts
lol i want one!

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
What do you guys think?
I think 1. there is a good reason they are called suicide clutch (shifter)
2. They are really not practical for a bike ridden more than rarely
3. There is a really good reason they were done away with by manufacturers
But, it is your bike and your azz, you should do what you like

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
If you've ever used a suicide shift/clutch (I had two), you'll never want to again! There are good reasons why they're not around anymore, along with a lot of the guys who had to use them.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
That Tribal version that Accutronix has is sick! :eek: I just wish it was avaliable for the Fury :D

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
That thing looks deadly.. :eek:
I guess if you going out, you might as well have that instrument helping you..
suicide shifter... not my cup of tea..

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
What is the negative aspects about them?
The 2 major ones are, you have to let go of the handlebar to shift and if you need to put your left foot down at a stop , your in gear and out in the intersection. The later is the deadly one. I think the price of that tribal is sic(kening)

·
Registered
323 Posts
and while your left hand is off the clutch while you shift, how does the clutch disengage?
and as far as the price on the jockey shift, i don't think its any more overpriced than a set of pipes (which i think are overpriced myself) :)

·
Registered
12,474 Posts
and while your left hand is off the clutch while you shift, how does the clutch disengage?
and as far as the price on the jockey shift, i don't think its any more overpriced than a set of pipes (which i think are overpriced myself) :)
I thought the clutch was foot controled with a suicide shift. Like Clueless said earlier, "...and if you need to put your left foot down at a stop , your in gear and out in the intersection."

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Definitely not for me. I think they look awesome, but I don't want to make a motorcycle more dangerous.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Not my cup of tea... have to agree they look cool, but not practical for the Fury I feel... but do as you wish with your bike... Not doing it to mine.

·
Registered
23 Posts
There are people making shifters for models that do not require a foot clutch. Ted Strubble makes one for the Kawasaki 800cc Drifter. It is connected to the foot shifter, runs linkage up and under the tank to the right side. I had one on my Drifter and it is possible to pull clutch lever in with your left hand and shift with the right. With a little practice it is quite smooth. Also with this type you are free to shift with your left foot as well.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.