Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the Fury suppose to come with some sort of tool kit? I took the side cover off today and all I found was the owner's manual. It seems like I remember the dealer mentioning it came with a tool kit. If it does, is it worth complaining to the dealer?

Also, side question. Where can I find a Service Repair Manual the cheapest? Ebay has them for around $59.

·
Registered
71 Posts
You have to remove the clips around the ignition housing, and there is a couple tools, a screwdriver, allen wrench.
The clips are kind of tricky to use, i had a hard time getting mine back on until i read the manual twice to figure out how they go back in... the tools are all but useless i guess unless you are completely stranded and cant get to any real tools.
if the clips weren't so difficult to use, i'd gut that tool kit out and use that as storage space, but unless i can figure out a better clip system mine will probably never be opened again.

manual is 60$ if u order from honda, if you find cheaper than that, take it.

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
It is under the ignition cover (wherre the key goes in) there are 3 plastic rivets that have to come out, push in the center and then remove the whole rivet. The kit consists of a 5mm allen and a screwdriver. Ebay is probably the best bet, for inexspensive

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the quick replies guys. I didn't even think to look in the owner's manual, but it does clearly state where the tool kit is. That is what I get for blindly following the dealers instructions.

I noticed that I am missing one of the grommets that holds on the left side cover. Does anybody have a part number or size that I can use to replace it?

Thanks again everybody.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Go back to your dealer and show them which one you are missing! every time I bring a bike in for service, a dealer looses a grommit! It's a new bike, you paid a lot of money for it! Go get that grommit!

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
Go back to your dealer and show them which one you are missing! every time I bring a bike in for service, a dealer looses a grommit! It's a new bike, you paid a lot of money for it! Go get that grommit!
Every time someone brings me a bike to work on, its missing a grommet or 2

·
Registered
72 Posts
Clueless, since you work on Fury's are you seeing any common problems whether big or small that we might want or need to know about.

I've have no issues but again I'm reading various posts about vibrations etc.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
13,713 Posts
they have a cold start issues and cut off.but ride it like you stole it and that goes away.

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
Clueless, since you work on Fury's are you seeing any common problems whether big or small that we might want or need to know about.

I've have no issues but again I'm reading various posts about vibrations etc.

Thanks!
2 of the 3 have cold idle, actually only 1 now, (mine) 1 guy put a set of Vance and Hines on and said the cold Idle went away, but it looked like he was running awfully rich he is waiting on a Power Commander. Honda tech told me they were working on it, and working with Cobra, evidintally the Cobra FI module is working out well. 1 guy was having some light problems, but that turned out to be self inflicted . I spend about 1/2 my time on my VTX, so if the Fury has any vibes, I wouldn't notice, it runs alot smoother than my VTX

1 - 11 of 11 Posts