Honda Fury Forums: banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
It's up all the way. Willout me sitting on the bike its not quite 4" off the ground...frame isn't broke. I got it last summer with almost 1000 miles.
You should be around 6 to 7 inches if all is original,, I have my tensioner about half way, I'm 220 and the woman is about 130,

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I am being told the xl lowering spring is what I need. Imma try that as soon as I figure out where to borrow a spring press.

·
Registered
12,244 Posts
I am being told the xl lowering spring is what I need. Imma try that as soon as I figure out where to borrow a spring press.
I'd go with a factory spring if I were you. I'm around 300 with black factory spring and I've never dragged the frame on a curve or corner. Just the pegs and exhaust.

If you like the lowered look when it's parked, get an air ride. At your weight, I'm sure it looks lowered while you're on it. Mine definitely looks lowered when I ride.

·
Registered
6,104 Posts
I'd go with a factory spring if I were you. I'm around 300 with black factory spring and I've never dragged the frame on a curve or corner. Just the pegs and exhaust.

If you like the lowered look when it's parked, get an air ride. At your weight, I'm sure it looks lowered while you're on it. Mine definitely looks lowered when I ride.
Do you never have a problem dragging the frame because you never ride your bike???

In all honesty he never drags the frame... he just blew the shock out because he's a fat bastard.

·
Registered
542 Posts
If you are dragging only slightly you can take out the shock and place a washer between the upper shock bracket (under your dick) and the frame. The washer needs to be at most 1/8 thick which will raise the bike 3/8 at the wheel. Simply drop the washer on the bolt that fastens beneath the tank and reinstall the shock. It will cost you less than a buck for a stainless washer at the hardware store.

This should get you by until you lose some weight fatty!

·
Registered
12,244 Posts

Do you never have a problem dragging the frame because you never ride your bike???

In all honesty he never drags the frame... he just blew the shock out because he's a fat bastard.
.......and even with the shock blown, it still didn't drag the frame. I bounced all over the road, but the spring kept me up high enough.

·
Registered
6,104 Posts

.......and even with the shock blown, it still didn't drag the frame. I bounced all over the road, but the spring kept me up high enough.
Man... I didn't even get a rise out of you... you must be getting old and mellowing out... lol

21 - 40 of 48 Posts