Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a perfect condition used screen but no directions looks easy but any body have the factory directions to post...?...:confused:

·
Banned
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
...Or maybe just a close up photo of a install, Its the cable clamps that mainly concern me...........:confused:

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
Is it the Honda Fury Boulevard wind screen?
If so, it uses the bolts under the handle bars. You actually have to remove the two handle bar bolts.
I have the service manual but no scanner to post the page.
See pic
View attachment 1861

·
Banned
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya its the factory screen plus i have the cannela risors on the way also, its the cables that are my concern........

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
Ya its the factory screen plus i have the cannela risors on the way also, its the cables that are my concern........
That pic has the Cannela riser on. The clutch cable needs to go behind the triple tree unlike the way it shows there. I made that mistake but wasn't worried since I have the braided clutch cable to put on. I'm putting it on this week so I'll re-route it behind.

Heads up about removing the handle bars...
I used a hoist from the garage rafters with a thick towel over the tank. You will need a second hand to attach the handle bars and a thin deep well socket for attach the handle bars to the riser. Not much clearance for a fat socket. Don't forget the Locktight..
T
Call me if you like, I sent you a PM with my number

·
Registered
13 Posts
That pic has the Cannela riser on. The clutch cable needs to go behind the triple tree unlike the way it shows there. I made that mistake but wasn't worried since I have the braided clutch cable to put on. I'm putting it on this week so I'll re-route it behind.

Heads up about removing the handle bars...
I used a hoist from the garage rafters with a thick towel over the tank. You will need a second hand to attach the handle bars and a thin deep well socket for attach the handle bars to the riser. Not much clearance for a fat socket. Don't forget the Locktight..
T
Call me if you like, I sent you a PM with my number
can you go over what you had to do to get the risers on- I am going to get it and do it myself, I hope
pb

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
can you go over what you had to do to get the risers on- I am going to get it and do it myself, I hope
pb
PB:
The risers are easy to install, the problem is you need another set of hands to help.
(Cover the tank with a thick towel or blanket)
I used a hoist to hold the handle bars up in the air while I attached the risers.
Basically you remove the two bolts under the triple tree while someone is holding the handle bars. They supply two hex head bolts to attach the risers to the handle bars. (Use locktite) You need a thin wall socket to tighten the risers to the handle bars if you don't have that large of a hex allen wrench.
Then attach the risers to the triple tree once again use locktite.
(Make sure your cables are behind the risers not in front)

Note: It's a little more challenging if you have the boulevard screen since it is also secured via the handle bar bolts)
Hope that helps.
T

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
PB:
The risers are easy to install, the problem is you need another set of hands to help.
(Cover the tank with a thick towel or blanket)
I used a hoist to hold the handle bars up in the air while I attached the risers.
Basically you remove the two bolts under the triple tree while someone is holding the handle bars. They supply two hex head bolts to attach the risers to the handle bars. (Use locktite) You need a thin wall socket to tighten the risers to the handle bars if you don't have that large of a hex allen wrench.
Then attach the risers to the triple tree once again use locktite.
(Make sure your cables are behind the risers not in front)

Note: It's a little more challenging if you have the boulevard screen since it is also secured via the handle bar bolts)
Hope that helps.
T
yeah i needed a second set of hands seeing once you undo those nuts under the handlebars those bars got heavy and trying to manuever the screen and hold them became impossible,,plus I went and got a torque wrench seeing those nuts you put back on arent the ones you took off,,need to be torqued to 58.2 ftlbs, far as im concerned hand tight didnt satify me seeing they were vital to my safety. I just took the 2 bolts off the right side of screen holding glass to frame and pulled the clutch line in there,,I didnt take the clutch line off the grip like the instructions said to do. took maybe an hour to do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts