My question for the Nation , is about horn relocation/types,
What have U guys done ?
Merry Christmas
Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

·
Septuagenarian Rider
4,151 Posts
Stebel Nautilus air horn mounted on the swingarm in front of the rear tire.
That is not an option for you Dave since your ABS module takes up all that space :(. I suspect you also have the charcoal canister ahead of that and behind the oil filter :confused:.

You might try adding a compact high tone horn under the rad.
Detroit big iron sound but not quite as loud as the freight train air horn ;). The duo-tone is still very effective.

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will find a spot for sure , Honda engineered the Fury tight but very well.
Thanks for the insight .
Dave

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Stebel Nautilus air horn mounted on the swingarm in front of the rear tire. Horn is loud as fuck.
Can you show a couple pics of where that spot is??
I like those horns; might get one later on.

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
Like Gar and Dave I have ABS, but no charcoal canister. I had to move my horn when I put my Supreme Legends forwards on so I bolted it to the bracket that used to hold the rear brake fluid reservoir. I did not even have to bend the horn bracket! It bolted straight on, all I had to do was extend the wires.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No charcoal filter that I can tell on mine,
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1356386822.414990.jpg
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1356386838.129782.jpg
Señor Gar ,
What is the charcoal filter for ?
Does yours have 1 ?

Beauty Fury Mac:)
Dave

·
Septuagenarian Rider
4,151 Posts
No charcoal filter that I can tell on mine. Señor Gar , what is the charcoal filter for ? California emissions; traps fuel vapor from tank and returns it when engine is running. Also on all US ABS Furys (at least in 2010) which were CA emissions.
Does yours have 1 ? Yes, purchased in WA.
Dave

Attachments

·
Septuagenarian Rider
4,151 Posts
I will find a spot for sure , Honda engineered the Fury tight but very well.
Did a search but couldn't find the post where one of our down under mates (ABS & no charcoal canister) installed a Stebel Nautilus in the coolant overflow tank location and made up a new tank about the size of the charcoal canister and in that location. Very clever.

OK, got that one half wrong :eek:. It was a compressor for air suspension on teeroyreid's Fury that displaced the coolant overflow tank. Here is a link to his post. Still, there may be possibilities like WOLO air trumpets (click & scroll down) under the front of the gas tank using the supplied compressor in the charcoal canister opening or the WOLO air horn might even fit in the overflow tank location :eek:.

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
No charcoal filter that I can tell on mine,
View attachment 15842
View attachment 15843
Señor Gar ,
What is the charcoal filter for ?
Does yours have 1 ?

Beauty Fury Mac:)
Dave

Thanks Dave,
Those pics will look old in a few days as the rest of my parts just came back from chrome on Christmas Eve so I'm going to be busy putting everything back together. I think I am the first one with an ABS Fury with chrome brake calipers and polished rotors.:D

·
Premium Member
1,628 Posts
Does anyone know the decibels on our stock horn? It's actually pretty loud already compared to other bikes I've heard.

·
Septuagenarian Rider
4,151 Posts
Does anyone know the decibels on our stock horn? It's actually pretty loud already compared to other bikes I've heard.
The dB scale being non linear is for me very misleading :(. But yes, our horns are relatively loud albeit flat compared to any of my 14 bikes (in stock form) over the past 50 years. For the last 40 years I have added duo-tone (2 horns, high & low, American style) automotive horns to all my rides. Not so much louder than the sock Fury horn but definately more respectable and penetrating. With the excellent low tone horn on the Fury all that I needed was to add a high tone horn for reciprocal respect from cagers.

The air horns posted previously (WOLO & Stebel) are claimed to be TWICE AS LOUD :eek:. Although somewhat subjective I would say it is a very legitimate claim as witnessed on a few friends' bikes. Word of warning, do not test in a enclosed space like your garage :rolleyes:.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I relocated my stock horn in front of the rear tire. Its plenty loud, no need for a special horn.:rolleyes:

The thunderous exhaust wakes up surrounding old codgers half asleep at the wheel.;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts