Honda Fury Forums: banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
The dB scale being non linear is for me very misleading :(. But yes, our horns are relatively loud albeit flat compared to any of my 14 bikes (in stock form) over the past 50 years. For the last 40 years I have added duo-tone (2 horns, high & low, American style) automotive horns to all my rides. Not so much louder than the sock Fury horn but definately more respectable and penetrating. With the excellent low tone horn on the Fury all that I needed was to add a high tone horn for reciprocal respect from cagers.

The air horns posted previously (WOLO & Stebel) are claimed to be TWICE AS LOUD :eek:. Although somewhat subjective I would say it is a very legitimate claim as witnessed on a few friends' bikes. Word of warning, do not test in a enclosed space like your garage :rolleyes:.
Our hearing is logarithmic so what we perceive as twice as loud is actually 10dB louder. Twice the power is only 3dB louder.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Stebel 11690019 - Nautilus Compact Mini Air Horn Black
any suggestions on where to mount unseen-ish?
Well I was unable to find any pictures. So I figured it out on my own. I hope this helps...

This is in-front of the back tire mounted to my cobra pipe bracket mounting bolt. I just made a "L" bracket for some angle iron I had laying around.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The PIAA horn, sounds loud like a car horn..is this a good horn, i think its plug and play?? Can 2 horns in parallel work with original relay ??

21 - 28 of 28 Posts