Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I stop to get gas and go to restart my bike, my battery sounds like it has barely enough juice to turn the motor over. Is this do to increased compression from heat? This is not a one time occurrance. Does anyone else experience this?

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
When I stop to get gas and go to restart my bike, my battery sounds like it has barely enough juice to turn the motor over. Is this do to increased compression from heat? This is not a one time occurrance. Does anyone else experience this?
I have experienced it too... I related my issues to lazy thumb & not wanting to overkill the starter... :D Also, having 7300 miles on my bike already... need to go get the spark plugs checked anyways...

I have also asked a Honda tech about this, he said that they actually made the Honda start very smoothly when they first made it, but to give it a more rustic feel... They did something? to it to make it start a little rough sometimes.

There are other various theories to this... but, so long as it starts... meh, I'm fine with it :D

My main issue has been my foot shifter lately sticking on the downshift... But, my warranty is going to handle that tomorrow :cool:

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
I have never experienced anything like that.

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
Haven't heard this, I would check the battery cable connections first, and if near a Honda shop have them check your battery, a warm engine should actually have (slightly) less compression due to the cyl expanding from heat

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Check with CB Fury, I think he has like 10K on his bike..

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have had the same thinghappen to me. More than once, but not on any regular basis. It just seems to be an occasional thing.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
If it ever warms up enough here to test it out, I'll get back to you. Right now, I have to heat up the motor oil just to get it lit! LOL.

Cheers

·
Registered
11 Posts
i have also had this happen to me.i dont know why it does it yet.i checked battery connections ect. could find nothing wrong there.im thinking the starter is getting hot.if this happens in the spring when i can get to ride again i will take it in for a check up.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
oh yeah, my ride has the same issue: after about 30 minutes of running, you shutdown then try to restart and nothing happens. then, you press a couple more times and it kind of 'catches' and starts. I just had the 4k maintenance done. btw, there's a recall replacement on the breather hose. I'll let you know, after all this maintenance was done, if it's still an issue.

·
Premium Member
13,709 Posts
If it ever warms up enough here to test it out, I'll get back to you. Right now, I have to heat up the motor oil just to get it lit! LOL.

Cheers
lmao,i quit trying to get it lit and am consintrateing on getting me lit,buuuurrrp.keep the rubbbbbber ooon tha groun. merrry christmassss.

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
Had this happen for the first time yesterday. Was great weather, not to chilly out. Fired right up from being cold. Rode roughly 25 miles, stopped for fuel so I shut it down to pump. Went to fire it back up and it was acting like my battery was all but dead. Tried a few times and rolled my bike out the way so a car could fuel up. Then it started like a champ.... *shrugs*

I just hit 4,220 on my bike, I go in Sat for my service. I'll try to remember to bring this issue up.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts