Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday on the way back from work, bike felt unusually stiff. This did not happen in the morning. Some of the riders at work suggested that it may have something to do with 100 degree weather we are having and tire pressure... It did feel almost like the tires were overinflated. When on the throttle, I didn't feel it, but when laying off the gas and rolling along I felt every little bump.

Question is this - is that possible that's the case? If so, should I adjust tire pressure accordingly and if so by how much?

P.S. Also the tar snakes were out to get me in this heat, you all be careful out there!

·
Registered
675 Posts
Was hitting the bumps so bad yesterday......my plate bracket snapped and I lost the plate! Got the plate back and spent Thursday fabbing metal brackets and wielding. I also had to order a new radiantz cover.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. Could the fluid in the shock get heated and get stiff (I would think it would be the other way). It scared me a little the other night coming home when I hit a bump in the road and thought I ran over something.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Tire pressure is absolutely affected by temp. I use nitrogen in my car tires because it has much less fluctuation. when its col you also lose air pressure

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
P.S. Also the tar snakes were out to get me in this heat, you all be careful out there!
Had a run in with some tar snakes on a 40mph curve last year! Threw out the back end a couple times! Thought I was going down for sure!! Even worse when the front end slides out!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Had a run in with some tar snakes on a 40mph curve last year! Threw out the back end a couple times! Thought I was going down for sure!! Even worse when the front end slides out!
Worst part it's a 300 yard stretch of a curvy uphill that's 50% covered in tar, that's how bad the road cracked over the winter. I can not avoid it, since it's the only entrance to our building development :eek: Have to carefully weave through it twice a day. Last night I was being followed by a black bear while I was at it, so that didn't add any confidence.

·
Premium Member
13,706 Posts
Worst part it's a 300 yard stretch of a curvy uphill that's 50% covered in tar, that's how bad the road cracked over the winter. I can not avoid it, since it's the only entrance to our building development :eek: Have to carefully weave through it twice a day. Last night I was being followed by a black bear while I was at it, so that didn't add any confidence.
glad to see someone else has been chased by a bear.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I just wanted to point out the obvious just in case you dont know ... do not adjust tire pressure while the tires are hot. You have to use a whole different set of calculations. Its just easier to add or extract air in any tire with it cold.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Since several of you have succeeded in pointing out the obvious, I'll refrain. LOL.

Cheers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts