Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for all you guys that removed the Honda emblem from the side panels....How do I do it?

Does it require re-chroming or anything?

Thanks.....Joe

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Joe;

Dental floss and a hair dryer.

With the hair dryer, heat the area on the INSIDE of the panel that is right behind the Honda badge. When the panel feels hot to the touch, flip it over and draw a length of dental floss between the badge and the outside of the panel; use a back-and-forth sawing action, as opposed to just a straight pull. Also, use a nice, long piece of dental floss; it's slippery under tension, so you'll need to wrap it several times around your fingers. Once the badge comes off, you can remove any double-sticky with WD-40 and a rolling action with your finger tips. Wipe away any residual WD-40 with rubbing alcohol. Voila'

Cheers

·
Registered
12,464 Posts
I used pliers on the reflectors and put a bit of a scratch on my rear fender when they slipped, so I will be trying the floss or fishing line trick on the side panels. You can't really notice the scratch on the fender, but I would believe that a scratch on that side panel would be much easier to spot.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did the removal last night and used the hair dryer and some rubbing alcohol. It worked good. Although it did leave a couple of minor scratches. I put the panels back on and couldn't see the scratches, but that was in the garage. I will take it out in the sunshine and see what they look like then. I really hope I didn't screw up on the scratches, but I guess I will have to chalk it up as a lesson learned.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
GeorgiaJoe;

How in the hell did you scratch it with dental floss?

Cheers

·
Registered
12,464 Posts
GeorgiaJoe;

How in the hell did you scratch it with dental floss?

Cheers
If there are any scratches, they must be so tiny that no one else would notice them. It's probably not fromt he floss, but from taking the glue off with alcohol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts