Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
They aren't easy to take out or at least mine weren't. Take out the 2 screws on the back side of the shield and pipe. After that it gets rough. I used a pry bar http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00971327000P?keyword=pry+bar and was able to pull the upper baffle out without taking the pipes off.

No such luck for the lower baffle, it was in there. For the lower I took the front/lower sheild off the carefully removed the front head pipe from the muffler, then stuck a 1/2 inch drive breaker bar down the lower pipe and tapped out the lower baffle.

The easiest way to do it is remove the pipes completely and find something long enough to tap the bottom one out if needed, or find a tool of some kind where you can just yank them out from the rear.

Some have used a bent screwdriver and coat hangers. The bar I got from sears just needed a little grinding and it fit and grabbed the area in the pipe where the screw goes. Was able to grab that and pull the top one out.

A little breakfree/WD40 won't hurt if you clean it off after you are done. Good luck, mine were a pain in the A**.

·
Premium Member
13,740 Posts
take a peice of 1/4 inch steel,make a little better than a 90% bend in it 1/2 inch long.put a pair of vice grips on the tube.hook it in a hole inside the baffle,tap the grips with a hammer and they will come out.make sure you pull the two screws out.good luck.

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm taking it to get done tonight - all of it - ill hit up the forum on monday and let everyone know about the upgrade

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.