Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today while I was in the mall some AH stole one of my exhaust tips. I could not believe it, the bike was parked right in front of the entrance. No chance it fell out. Takes a good bit of force to pull it out. Plus the screws that secure it to the pipe are difficult to get at. No security cams. Mall security was "so what do you want me to do about it?" This was at Century City Mall. Not what I would call a bad neighborhood.
The red arrow points it out. Enclosed another shot of the duel intake.
T

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
WTF!!! sick aint in cali is he?

·
Registered
574 Posts
How is it secured. Is it possible it fell off when you drove there and didnt notice it until you got out of the mall. Just a though.

·
Registered
682 Posts
How long were you sitting they had to be hot!!
I totally understand. there are real idiots out there. When I bought my first Fury I stopped at Walmart on the way home, to pick up a pair of gloves. I came out and there was some idiot sitting on my bike having his frigggin picture taken by his girlfriend. Like it was his bike or something I yellled at him and he jumped aff the bike and almost dropped it. Luckily the kickstand was still down, but I grabbed the bike to make sure it didn't fall. I looked up his ass was gone. Thats when I found out the cameras at the local Walmart were aimed front door area and not the parking lot. I started parking my bike after that in bicycle parking area that was covered by a camera even though the local cops kept threatening me with a ticket saying it was a restricted parking area. My new bike I will park it in the same place.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Sux2B in Ca! Move to SoFla...no one would touch your tips. He'll no... They'd just take the whole bike!

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds more like it fell off on PCH or Santa Monica Blvd.
Can't see how it would fall out. It sits 3" down inside the pipe. Plus you really have to use some force to pull it out. Along with the screws that secure it to the pipe, I see no way it could have fallen off.
I wish that were the case. I spent a few hours retracing my route in the hopes it did fall off... nada.
T

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Turn it into the malls insurance, they have crappy security, you should be able to get it covered. Our malls here have cars going through lots and such. We had a car stolen from work the other day, I started using my disk break again

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Sorry to here it Tas!

People need to keep there hands to themselves and get some respect

I was staying at the Beverly MAndarin?? I had to find a damn Starbucks
So the only one in that area, Century City Mall, it was the only place with A DAMN STARBUCKS close and open early... So there really was no security there in the mall early I would jog up there THRU THE AM FOG LAYER, and it was a ghost town in the a.m.:cool:.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
First off, Century City is a dump!
I wouldn't spend my money there ... or was it they wouldn't touch my money there? :p

Secondly, I think your bike conspired with the tip to commit suicide & jump off so you'd post the latest photos of your bike on this Forum ;)

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
Taz, do you want it back?

Seriously.... that really sucks and so sorry to hear it..

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
First off, Century City is a dump!
I wouldn't spend my money there ... or was it they wouldn't touch my money there? :p

Secondly, I think your bike conspired with the tip to commit suicide & jump off so you'd post the latest photos of your bike on this Forum ;)
4 years or so ago it was actually nice. I mean the inside was nice its was the garage area that WAS STRANGE/Dirty you have to elevator, up to the Mall area as you know I was there 10 years or so when in the Army Thought it was cheesy then:D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts