Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as you all know, my shed door fell on the back of my bike and put a nice little scratch in it. I tried touch up paint, but it didn't really work. So I called my dad back in Mo and he said that I could possibly repaint it by sanding it down/priming/paint/clear coat. He is the mechanic of the family not me. (I wish I would of paid attention instead of chasing girls). I am asking you guys/gals what do you think. Somewhat easy task or have a professional do it. Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
If it were me, I would hire a professional and have it done right. Guess it all comes down to your professional abilities. I don’t have any and have accepted the fact and just pay to have things done right.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well as you all know, my shed door fell on the back of my bike and put a nice little scratch in it. I tried touch up paint, but it didn't really work. So I called my dad back in Mo and he said that I could possibly repaint it by sanding it down/priming/paint/clear coat. He is the mechanic of the family not me. (I wish I would of paid attention instead of chasing girls). I am asking you guys/gals what do you think. Somewhat easy task or have a professional do it. Thanks in advance.
if ur not good with painting, have it done by someone , i tried doing my own when i attempted to spray my lower forks red an after a month it started to chip a bit then started to look like stretch marks , i had it done profesionally an it looks great no problems no hassle just cost me 200 $

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Clueless beat me to it, $212 for a new fender already in your color.. can't beat that, probably cost as must to have it done..

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
possibly get a graphic painted over it so you can kinda dress your bike a little more and cover up the scratch. I wouldnt start painting with a fender on a nice bike though and if you dont know how well you paint it would potentially be a disaster. The process isnt hard but the technique is what matters. Main thing is sanding it, then prime and fill if its a deep scratch then resand to keep it smooth, lay out nice base coat, wetsand, clear, wetsand with very fine grit paper then polish. Materials wouldnt be much either.

If your thinking about getting into painting a little you can always buy a new fender already matched and swap that, then practice on the old fender by painting stripes, a fade,or some other basic idea possibly a candy color (if its black or silver a candy red looks slick goes from a metallic candy apple color with silver and a black cherry/burgandyish color on black), see how it comes out and if its good then paint the front fender then the tank to match.

I havent painted in a little while so trying to find some small projects to paint then thinking since i have a black bike doing silver fading flames on fenders and tank then doing candy red over the tank and fenders so it will be a black frame with candy apple flames fading to a black cherry color

·
Registered
163 Posts
i was about to start a similar thread on here. somebody apparently backed into my bike while it was parked and my front fender has a couple nasty deep scratches now. 162 for a new one aint to bad

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
New rear fender is in another year roughly. I have had my bike since mid jan so 2 months and over 1700 miles already so have some light chips causing a less than perfect paint look. once thats done unless i get practice before that its getting a new fender than getting custom paint work on the original rear fender

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
i was about to start a similar thread on here. somebody apparently backed into my bike while it was parked and my front fender has a couple nasty deep scratches now. 162 for a new one aint to bad
Yea, could have been worse... they could have knocked it over... I hate rude people... :mad:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts