Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So many variables here and so many different situations, but on average, how long do you think motorcycle owners hold on to their bikes before trading up, trading down, selling, or just get out of biking altogether. For those of you that have been into motorcycles for a long time, what say you??

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
My last bike was a Shadow and I had it about 4-5 years. I don’t see myself selling the Fury unless something really remarkable comes along. I have thought about adding a GoldWing or some other type of touring bike to the stable, but doubt my wife would ever agree to it.

·
Registered
305 Posts
24 years on my last bike. Will hold onto the Beast as long as i can ride her, but like Richard will prob add a Goldwing in 5 or 10 years to make long rides comfy.

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
I had a beautiful Honda shadow areo and thought it maybe my last bike (3.5 yrs). and then came the fury. Obviously I couldn't resist.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I've got an old Honda CB-350 that I purchased new in 1968, as I recall, and several other makes and models slightly newer. I seldom sell my favorites.

Cheers

·
Registered
791 Posts
I had 1988 v twin 900 shadow for a 11 years I paid $4700 for her new. I sold her for $4200 In the year 1997. I saw her last year still looks new.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I've been riding for 47yrs and have had 8 scooters, first 2 were crap held together with wire and tape :eek: . last 45yrs 6 scooters liked them all, and covered the gamit honda, hd, kawi, yamaha, puch it was sold by sears.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I am 61 years old been riding at the of age 18 I am not to good in math so you do it. Iam a old timer

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I had my first bike 3 years, next bike was registered 6 months but I had it for 2 years just had to build it, after that the CBR had for about 13 months, fury I am at 13 months, I plan on keeping it until something similar, but better for me comes out, or it dies and hopefully will get time to start working on my new chopper again. Plan on buying another bike in a couple years, Probably a streetglide.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I was almost set on trading my Fury for a V-rod........but I just wasn't impressed. I'll pick up a CBR sometime in the next couple of years but there's nothing I'd give up my Fury for other than a straight up custom bike. For what it's worth...I've had my Fury for almost 2 years now and I don't see myself getting rid of it at all.

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
I usually keep a bike for at least 4 years. However I will keep the Fury until it dies. I'll probably add another custom bike to the stable at some stage and as my wife just got her full motorcycle licence she will sell her bike and get something like a Honda VT 750 or perhaps the Yamaha XVS 650.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
I usually trade off a bike after about 3 years, at least that's been my pattern. But the Fury I will keep. In a few years I'd like to get another sport bike for when I get the "need for speed" but the Fury will remain as my main bike.

·
Registered
207 Posts
1st bike: Kawasaki Vulcan 700A - 6 years
2nd bike: VTX1300C - 4 years
3rd Bike: Honda Fury - until I see what Victory does with the Indian brand, or when wife decides to start riding with me.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I have trouble selling any heavy depreciating assets, like cars and bikes. For the value of what they are worth after I drive the heck out of them, would rather give them to a family member for brownie points. Currently have 5 in the garage (3 dirt and 2 street). In the past, gave one away to a nephew, and sold one cheap to another nephew. Same with cars...if I don't drive it into the ground, it still probably isn't worth the hassle of selling.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have trouble selling any heavy depreciating assets, like cars and bikes.
It's the single reason I never bought a rec. vehicle brand new. I have lost very little money selling my bikes. First one I sold at a profit, second I lost $600, but only because of the accessories I put in.

With bikes, I buy in the fall/winter and sell in spring/summer. If the economey wasn't the way it is, I'd never be able to buy a Fury, it would normally be way out of my budget. I was looking at another VTX1300C before my deal came along.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts