Honda Fury Forums: banner

141 - 154 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
I have 69,000 miles on the 2010 Fury and 71,000 on the 2011 Road King...

·
Registered
376 Posts
I have 69,000 miles on the 2010 Fury and 71,000 on the 2011 Road King...
That's a lot , congrats !

28k on my 2013.

Need to start shopping for front tire #4.

Which front tire do you recommend for longest wear life ?

Or, overall satisfaction ?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I run Dunlops on everything... best price for the rubber.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Try a Shinko.. thats what i'm running now after my original front tire wore at 9k.. less expensive and handles just as good or better than stock.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I can't speak to longevity, but I like how the ME888's run.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Try a Shinko.. thats what i'm running now after my original front tire wore at 9k.. less expensive and handles just as good or better than stock.
The Shinko is looking pretty good and the price about 1/2. Positive reviews. Made in Korea.

The OEM Metzeler ME880 (not 888) should be monitored closely or replaced. More than 1 Fury rider including me at 4k miles developed sudden bubbles / separation. Made in Brazil.

My current Michelin Com 2 looked and rode good but is wearing way too quick and losing 2# pressure a week. Made in Thailand.

Screenshot_20191114-203301_Chrome.jpg

·
Registered
27 Posts
Replacing tires was one of the first things I did when I got my bike. Ended up going with the shinko 777 on the front and 005 (in 240) on the rear. Not uncommon for me to scrape pegs on a few corners on my way to and from work. I've also had to lock up the brakes due to dumb cagers, even though I was skidding a bit it still felt controlled.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I just crossed 30,000 miles on my 2015. I ride on Avon Cobras, like the way they handle, so I sacrafice mileage replacing them every ~10,000 miles. Got the 240 on the back.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I put on 4000 miles in 4 months thought that was a lot odometer wise
.not enough in my mind though.....would have loved to live on the bike of my girl.

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Just replaced my ME888 240 on the rear with a Dunlop 200 after my shop gave me some BS story about the bead 'failing' on the rear. Since it didn't look all that much different I went for the 200 and it handles better. Let's see how long it lasts.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I put on 4000 miles in 4 months thought that was a lot odometer wise
.not enough in my mind though.....would have loved ride more but the Flippin snow ......made a full escaoe from canada.now I'm riding my 110 honda scooter in s.e. Asia. .....lol as long as I'm riding I'm a happy camper.Honda reliability can't be beat.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The OEM Metzeler ME880 (not 888) should be monitored closely or replaced. More than 1 Fury rider including me at 4k miles developed sudden bubbles / separation. Made in Brazil.
Count me among those who had tire delamination with a Metzeler. Felt like I had a flat with the front fwapping around while I was underway, pulled over, did a visual and checked pressure, both seemed fine. Turns out a hand-sized bubble had formed on the front and was hitting the fender - no more Metzelers for me.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I have just over 10,000 on mine. On my second set of Metzlers, the 880's and the old style, i bought the 888, rode great all summer/fall.

141 - 154 of 154 Posts