Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got our judges sheets today from the Denver Co Bike Show where he won division and I won First Place Radical Custom and Best Ladies Bike......
Score sheets were 843 to my 842! He only got that division belt buckle by ONE POINT!!! :eek::eek::eek:
I'm so proud of my Blue Dragon!

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Chrome wheels and you would have won!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its nice that where you live you get respect and wins for the fury, around here in ct you cant even at bike night at the honda dealer! too many harley nuts
Don't feel alone! We have faught that battle here too. Some shows didn't even have a metric division and put anything that wasn't a Harley into "Special Interest" UGH! The huge show in Las Vegas only gave ONE METRIC award and it was under "Special Awards" I actually witnessed a judges wife run to my hubby's bike literally dragging her husband behind her! She just went on and on and on about how beautiful his bike was until she got around to the entry form hanging from the handle bar...then she turned up her nose and said OOOOUUU, it's a YAMAHA and walked off. We didn't win ANYTHING at that show. LOL! Just have to keep putting them in their faces to get any acknowledgement! DON'T GIVE UP!!!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DJCONROY and MENTAL,
I hear ya! If I just had the MONEY for chrome wheels. LOL! Even though my powder coat doesn't show well under floresent lights, or the extra lights I put on them, I was still only two points behind hubby on forks, wheels and tires. :) Some of our local shows are ride in and my wheels sparkle in the sun! Might actually get me points. LOL!

I think the funniest vote was for pipes! We both run cobra Swepts but they gave mine one more point than his and mine are scratched on the bottom while his are pristine. Guess that judge that was harrasing me about the drag marks costing me at least 100 points deduction paid attention when I told him that I should get a +point because what female did he know that could drag her pipes on a bike like this!:p:p:p:p

We were hoping to go to the next biggest indoor show in this area in March, but unless our ship comes in, looks like we will have to stay here and work. :mad:

Thanks for all the support! You sure know how to make a girl feel proud!

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
DJCONROY and MENTAL,
I hear ya! If I just had the MONEY for chrome wheels. LOL! Even though my powder coat doesn't show well under floresent lights, or the extra lights I put on them, I was still only two points behind hubby on forks, wheels and tires. :) Some of our local shows are ride in and my wheels sparkle in the sun! Might actually get me points. LOL!

I think the funniest vote was for pipes! We both run cobra Swepts but they gave mine one more point than his and mine are scratched on the bottom while his are pristine. Guess that judge that was harrasing me about the drag marks costing me at least 100 points deduction paid attention when I told him that I should get a +point because what female did he know that could drag her pipes on a bike like this!:p:p:p:p

We were hoping to go to the next biggest indoor show in this area in March, but unless our ship comes in, looks like we will have to stay here and work. :mad:

Thanks for all the support! You sure know how to make a girl feel proud!
Blue, do ya'll ride the bikes at all? All kinds of stuff flies up off the road down here.....

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
WOW! I said I was proud of you before and I'm more proud of you now. Very close. Around here we have the Hardley nuts, too. Last year I got second place to a Hardley, 2006 I think.......surprising part is that the show was at my Honda dealership. :eek:

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Blue, do ya'll ride the bikes at all? All kinds of stuff flies up off the road down here.....
Ha, ha! yep, we ride, but it is very hard to ride and show them in the type shows we frequent. Soooooo, we ride in fair weather, no gravel roads, and the hubby wipes them clean after every ride. LOL! Even so, he has a nick in the bottom of his low front fender and a crack in the chin spoiler....judges caught the crack in the spoiler this time :( But his bike is an 08 and we already said that we wouldn't show it after this year. Time to ride it and ride hard!!!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WOW! I said I was proud of you before and I'm more proud of you now. Very close. Around here we have the Hardley nuts, too. Last year I got second place to a Hardley, 2006 I think.......surprising part is that the show was at my Honda dealership. :eek:
Thanks! :):):)
Give first to a HARLEY at a HONDA dealership show???? No way! You were ROBBED! LOL!

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Dang girl, you’re just racking in the awards and accolades. Congratulations to both you and your hubby, awesome job!:)

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
you're our standard bearer--my baby is my daily ride-so, I am living vicariously through your wins!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Props to you and the husband! Great job! Looks like gonna have to get his and hers shops, so ya can pull some "top secret" additions to the Fury!

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Congrats to you both. Puts a smile on your face when you win, doesnt it?

Thankfully i have been there for 5 years with my Scion and dont have any interest in putting JetBlu in a trophy bearing show.

Well deserved. Must be the blue paint.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts