Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,543 Posts
Can you post a photo of the clutch pull lever installed and can you check the build date of your bike? Also post a photo of the factory clutch pull arm with everything disconnected. I am thinking the extended clutch pull lever is hard up against the engine case with the clutch out which is taking up all the free play and them some of the disengaged clutch. (This is the problem Gar and I had)

Gar and I found the offset on the clutch pull lever was not enough for our bikes as the factory installed clutch pull arm was pointing more towards the rear of the bike than usual. Gar's bike was built in December 2009 and my bike was built in January 2010 which means they probably used the same batch of parts, even though Gar's is a US spec bike and mine is an AU spec bike. The position of the factory clutch pull arm is not critical if you don't extend the arm so I suspect Honda don't fuss too much when they put it in.

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
I recall having to monkey with mine when I installed it. Alot of very fine adjustments on the lower cable adjustment to get it just right.

It was an embarrassing moment when the wife came out to check on me after I'd been at it for hours. In a moment of brainless exasperation I said "I've been jacking around with this thing for hours and apparently millimeters do matter"
🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought I had some pictures of when I was installing it and I can’t seem to find them, I probably deleted them but I remember looking at the pictures that I found on here, and mine would not get in the same position, because then I would not have any more adjustment on the cable, so I actually called Glen, and showed him the pictures, and then we adjusted it more and he said the way I had it was correct.

let me look on here because I think I made some posts about it. my bike is a 10 but I’ll find out the exact build date.

I’ll get you some pictures maybe the next few days, because we’re gonna start getting the bikes arranged in the garage for winter storage now. so once I get it situated I can take the cover off and go and play with that and get some better pictures

here is the link to my post

1 - 4 of 4 Posts