Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys i have seen a number of ad on US sites about a hypercharger for a fury but when i tried to ask about it in my local western australian dealers and performance shops i was told they dont exist. I know we live in a parallel universe here in WA but is there anyone out there; possibly even an Aussie who has one fitted? Price, availability and any mods requirements like modules would be helpful too. Much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
?? what do you mean "...do the connect and work?"
are you saying that you can't copy and paste the link i included into your browser?
have you clicked on the link?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have one on my fury but I'm having issues with getting the butterfly's to work right, I t-tapped into the vacuum line but it doesn’t seem to be enough suction to make them open...

Any suggestions...anyone?

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
I have one on my fury but I'm having issues with getting the butterfly's to work right, I t-tapped into the vacuum line but it doesn’t seem to be enough suction to make them open...

Any suggestions...anyone?
if we can get together soon I will help ya.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the assistance guys but i am still getting info from local dealers that there is NO hypercharger available for the Fury. The reference to 'does it work?' was more in reference to getting the butterflies to work via the vacuum. I am happy to get one direct from the US but was just wondering if i am getting some uninformed opinions from Aussie dealers or if the hypercharger is something that i am going to unwrap and find it is a shiny trinket that i cant really use

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
First, you'll need to get an adaptor. Then almost any of the three-bolt Harley-type units will work. You'll still need to tap into your intake manifold to get enough vacuum to make it actuate properly. I elected to forgo the hassle with the butterflies (since they don't really do anything) and went with the V-Charger instead. You should also take a look at the intake from Cobra; it's a really nice unit. Just my two-bits................

Cheers

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi Guys i have seen a number of ad on US sites about a hypercharger for a fury but when i tried to ask about it in my local western australian dealers and performance shops i was told they dont exist. I know we live in a parallel universe here in WA but is there anyone out there; possibly even an Aussie who has one fitted? Price, availability and any mods requirements like modules would be helpful too. Much appreciated.
I've got a Pro Series R Hypercharger I got from Kuryakan, I had to by the adapter from Metric Thunder. I had my local Honda dealership but it on for me. I was bound and determined to do it myself but once I opened up the package and saw all the parts...I said F it. Honda did a good job...the butterflies work nicely, I noticed more horsepower (nothing major but I can notice it) and its got a nice whistle to it when you honk on it.

P.S. These pics are the first pics I've put on the forum....notice the exhaust??? It's MFR's exhaust he made for RTrombone that I snatched. Excuse some of the flaws on the bike...I know many of you will see the license plate hanging off the sissy bar....that has since been resolved with a side mounted license plate. I had to get the bike back from the dealership and I didn't have it mounted yet so I zip tied it just to bring it home. The FU finger on the side covers was a really drunk night project and it came out crooked (hard to do it straight when you can't see straight) but that is getting resolved as well. The old exhaust bracket has since been removed. Once everything is done to my liking, I'll post some new pictures. Just wanted to help you guys out in regards to this matter.

006.jpg

005.jpg

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
I've got a Pro Series R Hypercharger I got from Kuryakan, I had to by the adapter from Metric Thunder. I had my local Honda dealership but it on for me. I was bound and determined to do it myself but once I opened up the package and saw all the parts...I said F it. Honda did a good job...the butterflies work nicely, I noticed more horsepower (nothing major but I can notice it) and its got a nice whistle to it when you honk on it.

P.S. These pics are the first pics I've put on the forum....notice the exhaust??? It's MFR's exhaust he made for RTrombone that I snatched. Excuse some of the flaws on the bike...I know many of you will see the license plate hanging off the sissy bar....that has since been resolved with a side mounted license plate. I had to get the bike back from the dealership and I didn't have it mounted yet so I zip tied it just to bring it home. The FU finger on the side covers was a really drunk night project and it came out crooked (hard to do it straight when you can't see straight) but that is getting resolved as well. The old exhaust bracket has since been removed. Once everything is done to my liking, I'll post some new pictures. Just wanted to help you guys out in regards to this matter.

View attachment 8513

View attachment 8514
Roger how do they sound brother??? They do look sexy on that bike? I guess I have good Taste, MFR has mad skills, and you have quick manly reflexes lol

·
Registered
202 Posts
Roger how do they sound brother??? They do look sexy on that bike? I guess I have good Taste, MFR has mad skills, and you have quick manly reflexes lol
Hey bud..welcome back lol. Pipes sound AWESOME. Cool thing is...if you are in neutral and rev it for about 4-5 seconds and let off, they blow a little flame. Cool as shit. Makes the bike sound like an HD. I got a 2009 Night Train with V&H short shots and very similar sound actually. They got that nice throaty sound and loud as hell. I tell everyone that I had to kill a guy in Florida to get them. hahaha

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the help guys. The info has made me more determined to get one (proably from Kuryaken) and find someone here down under who can put it on for me. Thanks again one and all. Cheers

·
Registered
1,097 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
That stock exhaust bracket gave me an idea, and yeah it hurt lol, but I was thinking that for those that had an exhaust like yours and could use the stock bracket as some type of brace for some type of saddle bags for those that might be interested, wonder if that would work? As I said it was just a thought I thought I would throw out there.

·
Registered
202 Posts
That stock exhaust bracket gave me an idea, and yeah it hurt lol, but I was thinking that for those that had an exhaust like yours and could use the stock bracket as some type of brace for some type of saddle bags for those that might be interested, wonder if that would work? As I said it was just a thought I thought I would throw out there.
Hmmmm...thats a pretty good idea!! I'm gonna look into that. Thanks X Kiowa X

1 - 17 of 17 Posts