Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, We have mounted our Hypercharger and tested it out without using the vacuum function. The bike performs perfect and is a very cool look. The Hypercharger does come a little to close to the Mayhem pipes and if your using any other intake adapter bracket that does not have a support mount then it will hit the front pipe. We are putting together a video of the different Air intakes on the Honda Fury.

LM

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
Nice... just a question from a non-mechanical motorcycle person: What drawbacks or benefits are there as to not having the vacuum hooked up?

Also... whats the chances of something like this [LINKY] mounting up? I just think the design would look real good on my bike. And would the bike benefit performance wise from the one yall tested and also the one I like in that link?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We seem to think this vacuum design is just to get the butteryflys to respond with throttle response and the easier way to do this is with a vacuum. We can't see how this design would really benefit with the back side of the Hypercharger completely open. To us it's all about looks, which is not bad. As for the other filter this should not be an issue, our adapter will work for nearly all intakes with the HD 3 bolt pattern.

LM

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
They stay open automatically, all you have to do is bolt it on to our adapter. There is a small cut you have to increase the window on the side of our Honda Fury air intake adapter, but it's very easy. The backside of the Hypercharger has the vacuum area and we can offer a template if someone chooses to use this intake.

LM

·
Registered
114 Posts
WOW! L&M Thanks for taking the time to persue this.... I was trying to imagine what it would look like, and LOVE IT!:D Don't really think that disabling the vacuum will matter as this only closes the flaps with reduction in throttle. It will now function like most other "forced air" intakes.

Benefit IMO with this type of setup is the filter is more protected from the elements more than the spike style setups, but not much more. With the flaps open, water/dirt/etc can still enter the intake, but a properly oiled/maintained K&M filter will stop these from entering the cylinders.

Was planning on installing the Mayhems, with your Intake adapter and this model air intake. Do you think I will have any problems with the positioning so close to the pipe? :eek:

Thanks again for all the R&D!!!!! PS SOOOO can't wait for the airshock :cool:

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WOW! L&M Thanks for taking the time to persue this.... I was trying to imagine what it would look like, and LOVE IT!:D Don't really think that disabling the vacuum will matter as this only closes the flaps with reduction in throttle. It will now function like most other "forced air" intakes.

Benefit IMO with this type of setup is the filter is more protected from the elements more than the spike style setups, but not much more. With the flaps open, water/dirt/etc can still enter the intake, but a properly oiled/maintained K&M filter will stop these from entering the cylinders.

Was planning on installing the Mayhems, with your Intake adapter and this model air intake. Do you think I will have any problems with the positioning so close to the pipe? :eek:

Thanks again for all the R&D!!!!! PS SOOOO can't wait for the airshock :cool:
The Our adapter does help stabilize the Hypercharger, but it is very close, within 1/16" if you use some head protective tape to cushion between you should be fine.

LM

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
L&M;

1. Do you sell the intake adapter AND the Hypercharger? Price for both?

2. Does the Hypercharger include a K&N air filter?

3. Does the Hypercharger stick out further than the stock air filter housing?

Cheers

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
QUOTE BarFury

L&M;

1. Do you sell the intake adapter AND the Hypercharger? Price for both? Sorry we do not sell the Hypercharger as it's so cheap to find on Ebay, here's a link
hypercharger, buy and sell Parts Accessories on eBay Motors

2. Does the Hypercharger include a K&N air filter? Yes they do come with a filter.

3. Does the Hypercharger stick out further than the stock air filter housing? I would say it's sticks out from the bike about the same, or less.
Hope hat helps!
Cheers
LM

1 - 11 of 11 Posts