Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As my bike is going to get put back together from my wreck, I am trying to decide between these. I had the S&S and loved it but I think I feel like a change. I really like the look of adding LEDs in the Hypercharger, but I always liked the S&S because people recognized the name from so many custom bikes.

I am open to opinions.

Also, I am going to go ahead and chrome the wheels, hub, dust ring, and calipers while I am at it since I will be without a bike for a while. I can't wait until it is all done!

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I decided on the Hypercharger with LEDs inside. I am also getting the Custom Cycle Control System Stealth Handlebar with Dakota Digital 3015 series.

http://www.customcyclecontrols.com/...category_id=82/home_id=70/mode=prod/prd59.htm

I decided on doing this instead of chroming the wheels, calipers, etc. Happy early birthday present to myself. I will post pictures once everything is back together from my wreck.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
IMO, the flapping intake plates on the Hypercharger are a bit gimmicky, are a bit of a challenge to get hooked-up properly (on the Fury), and MAY actually reduce/occlude induction air-flow. The unit would probably function better if the plates were left all the way open, all the time. Other than that, I think the Hypercharger is an efficient air filter. My two-bits................

Cheers

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
I decided on the Hypercharger with LEDs inside. I am also getting the Custom Cycle Control System Stealth Handlebar with Dakota Digital 3015 series.

Stealth w/ Dakota Digital 3013 & 3015 gauges

I decided on doing this instead of chroming the wheels, calipers, etc. Happy early birthday present to myself. I will post pictures once everything is back together from my wreck.
I have looked at these some but then get sticker shock. I don't no of anybody on the forum that has one yet.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I like the cobra powerflo the best. I know its not one of your choices or the one you picked but Its the one I want when I got the funds.

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts

Stealth w/ Dakota Digital 3013 & 3015 gauges

Sweet! Make sure you check the posts on speedo wiring - you may wind up with no low fuel indicator and/or a shortage of trouble lights.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
NM, I like the Cobra as well. They look great and were near the top of my list. I just narrowed my choice to these 2.

DJ, I understand some of the functions may not work. Seeing your bars is what made me decide on moving forward. They look great! I am in discussions with the dealership who will be installing these handle bars (I am not a do-it-yourself kind of person). I hope this will not require a lot of custom work, but I will keep everyone updated on the progress.

·
Registered
202 Posts
As my bike is going to get put back together from my wreck, I am trying to decide between these. I had the S&S and loved it but I think I feel like a change. I really like the look of adding LEDs in the Hypercharger, but I always liked the S&S because people recognized the name from so many custom bikes.

I am open to opinions.

Also, I am going to go ahead and chrome the wheels, hub, dust ring, and calipers while I am at it since I will be without a bike for a while. I can't wait until it is all done!
I've got the S&S Teardrop on my Harley and the Hypercharger on my Fury. Personally, I don't like the look of the S&S on the Fury. I had my Honda dealership install the hypercharger for me. It works great, I can feel an increase in power (not much, but a little) and it looks sharp. I haven't had any problems with the flutters..I do however have them rigged so they don't close all the way so I've got a constant stream of air going through. I've heard of instances where they come loose and close on the highway starving the motor so it's something that a person should monitor.
005.jpg

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I decided on the Hypercharger. Unfortunately there is a no refund policy on the handlebars and they said they could not be sure they would fit. I do not want to take the chance of not being able to install the handlebars, so I have just decided to chrome the wheels and other parts instead. The parts have all been ordered. Now I just have to wait while I see so many other bikes on the road. It is tough with all the nice riding weather we are having right now.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
I like the cobra powerflo the best. I know its not one of your choices or the one you picked but Its the one I want when I got the funds.
I just put mine on, I really like it. It has the hypercharger "hood scoop" look but not the flaps, and I think it looks really good. I can also feel the difference in the seat of the pants. It has a small velocity stack inside along with venturis that are supposed to make the air flow better. I know I really notice that the bike runs smoother and feels stronger under me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts