Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I feel like such a newbie. hit a patch of soft sand riding with my brother last night. dented up the tank. anybody got an idea where i can get a new one or how to fix this one? dent size of a half dollar coin at the top side of the tank. and of course its the matte silver edition. i feel like i dont deserve to ride her again lol

edit: links for pics. dont know how to embed it in the forum

http://www.furyforums.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=686

http://www.furyforums.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=685&ppuser=2101

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
appreciate it, yea this is the first time of me going down. been riding quads, dirt bikes, crotch rockets for years never went down. now i go down on soft sand at 10mph. i feel so bad for my bike. more concerned about her.

·
Registered
893 Posts
DUDE! That sucks! if you dont mind... post some pics of the dent. You MAY be able to have a body shop use a suction puller to pop out the dent if its not in a creased area or the paint is not cracked or chipped. If that doesnt work there are 2 ways that i know of too fix it. the right way and the half a$$ way.

Right way - Drain the tank. let it air out for a day or 2. fill it full of water. sand down the dented spot to bare metal. weld a small rod to it and then pull the dent out. cut the rod off. burr the metal weld and the sand the entire tank down, prime and re-paint.

Half a$$ way - remove tank and empty. sand down the entire tank. fill dip fuill of bondo sand again, prime and repaint. bad thing is it will probably begien to 'spider' and/or 'crack' over time... especially do to the vibration of the bike.

E

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DUDE! That sucks! if you dont mind... post some pics of the dent. You MAY be able to have a body shop use a suction puller to pop out the dent if its not in a creased area or the paint is not cracked or chipped. If that doesnt work there are 2 ways that i know of too fix it. the right way and the half a$$ way.

Right way - Drain the tank. let it air out for a day or 2. fill it full of water. sand down the dented spot to bare metal. weld a small rod to it and then pull the dent out. cut the rod off. burr the metal weld and the sand the entire tank down, prime and re-paint.

Half a$$ way - remove tank and empty. sand down the entire tank. fill dip fuill of bondo sand again, prime and repaint. bad thing is it will probably begien to 'spider' and/or 'crack' over time... especially do to the vibration of the bike.

E

yea i was pretty pissed off. i just got up rode it home and parked it. i havent been out to look at it since. i'll post some pics up in a hour or 2 and maybe you guys can help determine what the best way is.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I feel like such a newbie. hit a patch of soft sand riding with my brother last night. dented up the tank. anybody got an idea where i can get a new one or how to fix this one? dent size of a half dollar coin at the top side of the tank. and of course its the matte silver edition. i feel like i dont deserve to ride her again lol
Dropping a bike always blows goats. Like I tell everyone in my motorcycle rider training course, it's not a matter of "if"....it's a matter of "when" a person will drop their bike. Any experienced rider has dropped a bike at one point in their life. If they haven't, there's only 2 reasons...they are lying to you or they have YET to have it happen.

Just remember, any day where the rider comes home in one piece is a good day!!! A bike can always be fixed.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts

easiest way to embed images is click the yellow box with mountains and the little sun in it and enter the website, or you can type[IMG ] [/IMG ] without spaces surrounding the photo

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
easiest way to embed images is click the yellow box with mountains and the little sun in it and enter the website, or you can type[IMG ] [/IMG ] without spaces surrounding the photo
;) I hooked you up...

·
Registered
2,389 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Ouch! doubt you'll b able to 'suck' it out... well good time for a new paint job on it i guess...

To all... I'm out the door to Myrtle Beach Summer Rally so talk to ya'll in 10 days!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts

Honda Fury Photo Gallery - tn

Honda Fury Photo Gallery - untitled

Buy one of those bullet hole decals and put in it that will make it look real!!!!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Don't feel bad. I hit gravel on a slow turn a week ago and snap the bike was out from under me. Have the same damn dent from the turn signal.

Hope your ok. I know your shame and felt stupid afterwards.

Honda Fury Photo Gallery - tn

Honda Fury Photo Gallery - untitled

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.