Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s best way to get little more height out of bike so rear fender doesn’t rub over bumps??? I weigh 250 and fiancé is 135???
I wouldn’t think it would be an issue... just bought the bike couple months ago
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Some pictures of the fender and shock would be helpful to determine what the problem might be.

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Sabre / Fury hybrid
92 Posts
Looking at the outer edge of the tire which appears to have rub marks.
I'm thinking it's rubbing on frame assembly under the fender. I also believe the bike has been lowered looking at the distance from edge of fender to edge of rim. You my need CLICK HERE choose option XL.
This won't raise the suspension but help carry the weight.
So when you replace that badly worn tire remove the seat and fender remove the shock and change it out.
Oh, and your weight is the reason the tire rubs not your fiancés 😉

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
I also believe the bike has been lowered looking at the distance from edge of fender to edge of rim. You my need CLICK HERE choose option XL.
So when you replace that badly worn tire remove the seat and fender remove the shock and change it out.
Just installed XL L&M spring today. First ride felt great.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looking at the outer edge of the tire which appears to have rub marks.
I'm thinking it's rubbing on frame assembly under the fender. I also believe the bike has been lowered looking at the distance from edge of fender to edge of rim. You my need CLICK HERE choose option XL.
Oh, and your weight is the reason the tire rubs not your fiancés 😉
Thank you very much!!! I honestly wasn’t told what was don’t or what the aftermarket fender was called nor that it was lowered.... I just saw the bike n fell in love in test drive... I love the bike and after all your help just need to figure out what I’m gonna do.... the XL suspension you figure will carry the 400 pounds??
I love the way it looks the way it is!!! And I have a groove in the rear fender from the tire... we went on ride and adjusted the firmness and still lightly over bumps rubbed as big as you can see rom pics

·
Registered
2010 Sabre / Fury hybrid
92 Posts
I would contact them before you purchase and ask about the weight capacity.
Here is there video to help with the install. CLICK HERE I would take the shock to someone , have them swap it out.
I don't have a press.

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Buddy of mine had the Sumo and it did the same thing. Even with just him on it, and he was only about 175. There's no fender subframe under there. It's removed and the side fender struts are installed instead. I wouldn't bother with the spring. Save up for the air ride. Infinitely adjustable and looks way better.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Buddy of mine had the Sumo and it did the same thing. Even with just him on it, and he was only about 175. There's no fender subframe under there. It's removed and the side fender struts are installed instead. I wouldn't bother with the spring. Save up for the air ride. Infinitely adjustable and looks way better.
thanks for the help!!! Ya I’ll look into air ride... any idea on how much??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here is there video to help with the install. CLICK HERE I would take the shock to someone , have them swap it out.
I don't have a press.
Dude thank you so much!!! I haven’t had a bike for 7-8 years and just found this bike and loved it!!!! I bought bike from the owners friend who was selling it for his buddy because dude got sick from COVID and couldn’t ride anymore who was the second owner that didn’t do anything to the bike and left it alone so the first owner did all the upgrades and he didn’t know much what was done either... so.... last guy and me thought was pretty much stock and come to find out NOT the case I guess

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You didn't mention in your first post that you have the Sumo-X kit on the bike.

What size is the current rear tire on the bike?

250 or???
Ya rear tire is 250 and I didn’t even know what sumo x was til I looked it up... I bought from second owner who thought bike was stock... lol guess not first owner did everything and I bought bike after loving how it looked and rode... is the back tire stock 250??

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
Honda factory rear tire is a 200 on a 6.25" rear wheel.

Sumo kit is a 250 tire on an 8.5" rear wheel.

Some guys run 260s and I've even heard of one guy squeezing a 280 on there, although I'm not sure how... which is why I asked about what size tire was on there.

You could try stretching a 240 on to the 8.5" rear wheel to gain some extra clearance.....maybe.

·
Super Moderator
3,019 Posts
What’s best way to get little more height out of bike so rear fender doesn’t rub over bumps??? I weigh 250 and fiancé is 135???
I wouldn’t think it would be an issue... just bought the bike couple months ago
Thanks!!!
The fastest, easiest, and cheapest solution is to take off the passenger seat... 😈

The fattest tire on a Fury is supposedly a 300. The cleanest & best looking is in Russia, where a guy fabbed up an offset to the driveshaft (a jackshaft box) in order to clear the rear. A more ATV-3-wheeler look is in the 300 Wide Tire Kit (Raw) post.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't have a press.
Any thoughts on a better spring?? I called low n mean n he said he didn’t know if their XL would work for me so
Now looking for a better option

·
Registered
222 Posts
Short of cutting the original the low and mean is the only other option I am aware of

1 - 20 of 20 Posts