Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went and did it, yanked those Cobra Swept baffles right the h*ll out. From what I can gather, with the stock airbox I should leave the fi2000 at 1-2-0 for now but maybe consider blocking the pair valve.

Watch a PITA those things were... I had a proper slide hammer, and was using small hook end to try and pull them out. Broke 1 tip on the first baffle, broke 3 hooks on the lower baffle, at which point I broke out some 1/4" square steel stock, torched it cherry red and hammered a 90 degree hook on the end on the anvil. Then I cut a notch with the dremel, stole the slide weight off the slide hammer, and put a vice wrench on the end of the new 24" slide. WOW I wish I'd gone straight to that, the original slide was too short and I kept tearing knuckles open on the end of the pipes.

It's amazing how much easier a job becomes when you can get some proper leverage and adequate strength tools.

Can't wait to take it out and open it up, but I'm too tired right now and I'll piss off the neighbors at 11:00pm.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
go for it!!! you can always get new neighbors

·
Registered
710 Posts
I had the dealership remove my baffles before the cobra's were installed. Very, very loud.....you're gonna love the sound. Nice deep rumble. When I leave my house early in the morning (there are little babies sleeping around me), I actually push the bike to the street then fire up and idle away.....

·
Premium Member
13,706 Posts
i had to leave just enough baffle in to keep mr flat tops nitestick out.still very loud.i would still go with 1 2 1 as not to run lean on top.

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Banned
18 Posts
the greatest thing about my hubbys bike is being able to here him drive away and for a mile down the road still here him getting on it.....oh i love it so..

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
From other posts I have read, I "ASSume" you cannot put them back in after you take them out?
From what I've read, as long as you haven't tore them up too much, you can put them back in. Some guys have modified them, by cutting them down and making them even easier to put back in, which also gives them a different sound.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Actually a little of both. There is a small allen head bolt on the back side of the pipes right by the rear rotor, that is the bolt holding the baffles in. After removing the bolt they are still in there pretty tight to keep them from rattling. It usually requires a slide hammer or something simular to remove them.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
The Fury Cobras use the Quiet core baffles I cut the front half off and drilled a 5/8 hole in the rear plate sounds great and will stop a police baton they cost about $ 30 bucks new..

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ya I yanked mine out after put 6k on the bike, wish I would had done it sooner because it truly make great difference in sound. And yes your able to reinstall Baffels after removal.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
I removed mine after a 24 hour WD soaking. After removing them both I took a quick ride and scared the hell out of a youngster in a van next to me. I didn't like the sound either. So I came back and drilled two 3/8 holes in them and re-installed. A lot easier to put back in than take out. Now the bike has the sound that reminds me of a above water exhaust on a Donzi boat at idle and sounds even better giving it throttle. This is a definite must for a cobra exhaust. Thanks for the tips on removal!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts