Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A very close Uncle of mine had been waiting for a year for a heart transplant, just 2 weeks ago he had received such a gift from an organ donor who sadly past away. It has been a very emotional 2 weeks for my family, with that said is anyone aware of the total costs of what this type of operation can amount to...? Let me tell you it is not cheap, so with a promise I made to my Aunt one year ago, I will put back together his old leaky, not sure if it'll start 1989 electric glide harley. Paint it, and get it ready for a raffle at a fund raiser we plan on having to lighten the blow of the medical costs.

I am not pleading for hand outs from the fury community all I am asking is that maybe some of you guys can point me in the right direction.

I need to find, a gas tank, all necessary cables, wiring diagrams, possibly even the wiring itself.

First on my list is finding a different style gas tank that'll fit this bike which doesn't use that god awful piece running down the middle of the tank.

Please any suggestions would be very helpful as I am not a harley person therefore I do not know where to look other than eBay and honestly I just haven't found what I'm looking for (to quote U2).

Again I'm not asking for anyone to give me handouts or free stuff like a member we all knew to be a swindler... I'm just asking for a little assistance in this matter.

Thank You.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
That is a very kind gesture on your part, good luck. Sorry, but I am not much help with locating HD parts.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Sorry to hear about what is happening, good thing is that he got a heart from someone thoughtful enough to be a donor. I hope that this goes well for you and that you can raise some cash as I'm sure it's a hardship on the family, prayers for the family.

Unfortunately like Richard I can't help with the Harley rebuild but just wanted to state that I'm glad to hear that your Uncle got the transplant he needed.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
i would say contact your local hd dealer. the couple i have dealt with are very helpful. they might even make some donations or help sell the tickets.

being indepedent owned and operated they seem to love this kind of publicity

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
E, what I would do is pop over to the the Harley Forums and post up what you need. Also, I am sure if you explained your situation over there, you just might find some new friends and help with your project. At the very least, you would sell a lot of tickets.

PM me when the tickets go on sale. :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
E, what I would do is pop over to the the Harley Forums and post up what you need. Also, I am sure if you explained your situation over there, you just might find some new friends and help with your project. At the very least, you would sell a lot of tickets.

Mental is right on as usual ! I have several Harley parts...cables, fenders, tanks, trees, bars.....etc. etc. I will have to look at what I have to fit the 89. Would be glad to send you anything you need.

Just a thought.... If you are going to raffle it off, I think I would probably use the stock tank setup. Fuel gauge is in the tank and wiring runs through a tube. Changing to a custom tank sometimes turns off the Harley boys.

I'll PM you a partial list of what I have sometime this weekend.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i would say contact your local hd dealer. the couple i have dealt with are very helpful. they might even make some donations or help sell the tickets.

being indepedent owned and operated they seem to love this kind of publicity
Been there done that... Think of JATO's experience he had at the HD dealership mine was pretty much the same, If I don't have a harley they don't want to talk, and I know very little of HD so I couldn't even begin to lie.

I'll feel like I'm cheating... but I'll give that a shot. Again I have no idea what I'm looking for therefore I have no idea what to ask but I'll certainly try.

Thanks All...

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts

+ 1 for the tickets, I'll buy a few.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mental is right on as usual ! I have several Harley parts...cables, fenders, tanks, trees, bars.....etc. etc. I will have to look at what I have to fit the 89. Would be glad to send you anything you need.

Just a thought.... If you are going to raffle it off, I think I would probably use the stock tank setup. Fuel gauge is in the tank and wiring runs through a tube. Changing to a custom tank sometimes turns off the Harley boys.

I'll PM you a partial list of what I have sometime this weekend.
The tank was damaged during the ti-raid my uncle had one day... The story goes that he was pissed at my aunt one day and he took a hammer, wire-cutters, and clippers to everything... that was 7 years ago... all he does is talk about that day he destroyed his HD... by the way he rode a kawasaki ever since then. Still trying to get him to buy Honda lol... I left a 12x14 full color photo of my fury on his hospital room cork board so when he wakes up which should be today or tomorrow his first look will be my fury... lol

Appreciate the gesture Painter but I will gladly compensate if need be.

Once I have the finalization of when,where,how, etc... I'll certainly post something. Such nice honda folk you all are.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts