Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys & gals, I'm looking to have Painter do some future paint work on my bike and I'm really not sure of what type of design or paint scheme to go with. Wanted to konw if anyone can help out with any website links they might know of showing different paint designs for bikes. I'm hoping to see some different idea's that might help me decide what direction to go in.. Thanks for the help!

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
Should have went with a Blue bike, then you wouldn’t have to spend money on another paint job.:eek:

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Should have went with a Blue bike, then you wouldn’t have to spend money on another paint job.:eek:
Yea but then Dave would get swamped with calls asking him to ride his pretty blue bike in all the GAY PARADES!!!!:p

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Rainbows and Pink Unicorns.....

Seriously it depends on what you want to do with your bike.
Possibly selling it somewhat soon, go safe with flames, tribal, stripes or generic graphics to just add a little flavor and accent some of your accessories. Somewhat safe would be Skulls and stuff like that. If your keeping it a while then you will get use and enjoyment out of your paintjob so go personal. You see Marine/Firefighter or other niche themed bikes sitting because If buyers don't support them the art is a waste and they may want to repaint so more cost on their end getting the bike to their needs. Figure out if you want popping images or ghosted images.

I am part native american, a diehard steelers fan, and a musician, I would want either a Steelers theme (Yellow racing stripes on my black bike with the steelers logo on the tank), Native american artwork ghosted into the bike or possibly some sheet music arrangements with the Dean ML that James Hetfield did as a tribute to Dimebag Darrel ghosted (I find it very powerful yet simple)

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the links and advise. Really not sure what I want to do but I know want to add a little something to the stock paint to give it a little different look. I don't want to go to radical but I would really like to accent some of the great lines that this bike has without going to crazy.

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
I think you should do a small celtic band about an inch wide around the back of the fender and a band that goes down the center of the front fender and two bands that go down the tank that widen at the top and narrow as it goes down. "Get it"?

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Thanks for the links and advise. Really not sure what I want to do but I know want to add a little something to the stock paint to give it a little different look. I don't want to go to radical but I would really like to accent some of the great lines that this bike has without going to crazy.
What might be cool would be to paint the whole bike a silver to blue fade (front to back) like the paint is getting sandblasted off then coordinate Blue tribal or flame on the front then work back to a silver tribal or flame design. It is drastic, subtle enough that it wouldnt really hurt being marketable, but be a throwaway expense more than an enhancing of the value

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
My first question to you is.... what theme do you want to go with... then we can go from there... I picked tribal... the went with about six or seven designs and blended the designs into something I wanted, giving the painter room for their charisma and style...
Things like shadowing and highlights cost extra so decide your path, based on the design, then level of design ....

Now, on to richard1 .... sorry, blue bikes are just fugly ... :p

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Pinstripes ? I hate to say this but the only thing I liked about SnT bike was the pinstripe on the frame below the tank. Looked good even tho he is a complete jackass.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I am kinda feeling something silver down the sides and have it follow the curve of the rear fender. Something tribal-ish maybe, IDK

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
I really like some of the things Ericegg painted on his bike, like the parchment and marbleizing as a base, and then with a little artwork of your choosing, Neat, Clean, Smooth and Classy. :cool:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Tho my work is generally done in stone and glass, or fine art stuff, but sometimes as a favor I do work up designs for tats and bikes... Always... I talk to the client and get a sense of who they are and what matters/resonates with them... There are no rules, it all about what feels right for you and what reflects who you are. It could be something that feels right... other times it comes from those you care about... or an animal/design/line/combo that you've seen that you respond to. Sometimes complicated, and other times as simple as shadow and light. Suggest you visit some art sites and identify things that you really like... then find an artist (and I include air-brush folks as artists!!), talk to them, show them the stuff you've found that 'feels' right for you and get them to work up a sketch... good artists will work with you back and forth til you're happy with the basics... then get them to do a sketch of the design for the bike... with the Adobe programs, it's not all that much extra work. Understand that the sketch will NOT reflect the depth and complexity of the finished work... that will just be a whole lot better than the sketch!! In my opinion, Bad Ass is great for celtic inspired work, Goodeve studios in Canada is outstanding in creative, Pam Shanteau very solid... and Fowers (a Forum member) has a great fine art hand... and there are a couple of other guys on the Forum who are equally good with geometric/line/light/shadow defined work... The most important thing is to get a sense of what feels right to you... then find the artist who works best with that theme... and who will work with you til you're happy!! IMO your bike is a mirror of who you are, and the paint needs to reflect that! Good luck in your journey... based on what I've seen you do with your ride in the past, go with what you feel, and you'll do just fine!

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
What I found works best for our fury's Is a solid racing stripe running down the middle, it's not crazy and if you keep it on top it doesn't clash with the red frame as everything flows nicely that way... Put your graphics within the stripe, but you have to have a start of what it is you'd like to see then the artist will expand off of that first idea. I had a gentleman come to me and say just do anything and he'll like it. I told him no, and to come back when he knows what direction he wants to take. He came back and showed me a picture I know had a direction and could better serve him. Asking people what they like is different than what you like.

Our Red bike has a burning desire for a dark red marble look... If I were to suggest a concept for you and one I've been working with as of late, which has intrigued me to the point of re-painting mine.

Spiderwebs (no spiders just the webbing)... inside the racing strip which is a deep red marblized look. Subtle yet has a twist of a darker side... The racing stripe should be bordered by thick radical but not tribal lines which would like brushed aluminum.

That would look hot, but that's just me.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts