Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, that's right. I absolutely hate my fury right now. It is not a minor dislike. It is not a medium dislike. It is full blown hate. Right now, I am stuck in a hotel while my broke down fury sits at the shop with a bad fuel pump. I leave Phoenix this morning on my way to Las Vegas for bikefest. After going through Kingman AZ we decide to head over to Bullhead City/Laughlin then head north to Vegas, except as soon as we hit Bullhead City my fuel pump decides to take a dump. Well, no one in Bullhead City/Laughlin seems to think it is a good idea to open a Honda dealer, so I end up getting a ride back to Kingman on a towtruck. The fine folks at Route 66 Motorsports took a look at it and gave me the news.

But wait! We are not to the really good part of it all yet. Take a wild guess as to when the warranty expired. I'll give you a hint...it was yesterday! That's right, the warranty expires yesterday, the bike breaks down today. Can you believe it? I am already so pissed I can't see straight, then I find that out. That was the icing on my big ol' slice of sh1t cake.

I have been planning this trip for 2 months, maybe more. I am on the first vacation I have taken in a while. I have paid for a multitude of things already, hotel, dinner show tix etc. I am roughly 100 miles away from a hell of a good time This is a frikken Honda! I bought this motorcycle because it is NOT supposed to do this sort of crap. If I wanted a bike to break down, I would have bought a Harley.

Thank you, Honda. Thanks for sticking a crappy P.O.S. fuel pump on my bike, and for putting a 366 day timer on it. Thank you for stranding me on the side of the road, all hot and sweaty, 1 1/2 hour away from the time of my life, and making me miss it. Thanks for pissing me the hell off. :mad:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yeah, that's right. I absolutely hate my fury right now. It is not a minor dislike. It is not a medium dislike. It is full blown hate. Right now, I am stuck in a hotel while my broke down fury sits at the shop with a bad fuel pump. I leave Phoenix this morning on my way to Las Vegas for bikefest. After going through Kingman AZ we decide to head over to Bullhead City/Laughlin then head north to Vegas, except as soon as we hit Bullhead City my fuel pump decides to take a dump. Well, no one in Bullhead City/Laughlin seems to think it is a good idea to open a Honda dealer, so I end up getting a ride back to Kingman on a towtruck. The fine folks at Route 66 Motorsports took a look at it and gave me the news.

But wait! We are not to the really good part of it all yet. Take a wild guess as to when the warranty expired. I'll give you a hint...it was yesterday! That's right, the warranty expires yesterday, the bike breaks down today. Can you believe it? I am already so pissed I can't see straight, then I find that out. That was the icing on my big ol' slice of sh1t cake.

I have been planning this trip for 2 months, maybe more. I am on the first vacation I have taken in a while. I have paid for a multitude of things already, hotel, dinner show tix etc. I am roughly 100 miles away from a hell of a good time This is a frikken Honda! I bought this motorcycle because it is NOT supposed to do this sort of crap. If I wanted a bike to break down, I would have bought a Harley.

Thank you, Honda. Thanks for sticking a crappy P.O.S. fuel pump on my bike, and for putting a 366 day timer on it. Thank you for stranding me on the side of the road, all hot and sweaty, 1 1/2 hour away from the time of my life, and making me miss it. Thanks for pissing me the hell off. :mad:
Tell 'em it started to fail on day 365 or 364 and ran crappy for one more day.

·
Registered
835 Posts
What a nightmare! I am soooooo sorry! How long will it take them to get a fuel pump and how much is it gonna cost you? I believe if you raise a big enough stink with Honda, they would stand behind the warranty.....ONE day past? Be reasonable! Please keep me posted. My husband and I were so looking forward to meeting you in Vegas. We won't even leave Colorado until tomorrow and won't be there until tomorrow evening.

Hope this turns out not as bad as you describe.
Your Sister In The Wind,
Debbie

·
Registered
889 Posts
I would catch abus have a good time screw the bike
Sea Dawg makes a helluva point. Everything else is already paid for... Go enjoy your vacation. Forget about the bike for now. Honda will make it right somehow.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Tell 'em it started to fail on day 365 or 364 and ran crappy for one more day.
That is a point that may work, it was acting up two days ago and you were taking it to a Honda Dealer in Vegas. Just get on a bus and go have a vacation, let Honda fix it, pick it up on the way home. If it comes down to it and they don't respond in your favor, we can start calling and e-mailing Honda.

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
do the trip, last fall we went to thunder beach with no bike and had a blast, i most definately would pursue the warranty issue....good luck and peace to you....now go have fun

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
I would bet Honda will take care of this, simply out of “good will”. Just be cool about it with them and keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Indigestion...

A couple things here, Honda Engineers didn't put a 366 timer on the fuel pump it's mechanical thing, you were riding through a hot desert if I remember Kingman AZ properly, dirt, sand, gas, could have helped in the demise of the pump. Honda didn't tell it's engineers to make a pump that will fail so easily, shit just happens, Honda will honor the warranty weeks after it expires past 30 days may be pushing it. It's the dealer who may not honor it since he can get a few extra bucks from a stranded motorist. Don't place the blame fully on Honda, the pump, conditions, and the dealer you took it to all are part of this, blame solely doesn't need to be on Honda, and they will honor your warranty even 1 day after expiring, calm down and go enjoy yourself.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Sorry to here about your problem, just had mine in the shop yesterday for what seemed like a fuel problem. The bike would start bogging down after it got hot I thought maybe it was vapor locking or the pump was going but the Honda dealership took a look at it and said it was just bad gas from one of the outlying gas stations I was at Sunday. Seems there's been a lot of complaints about certain stations so I rode it around yesterday for a while and no problem but I told them I would be back if it happens again. I'm sure Honda will take care of you they've awlays come through for me sometimes you just need to give them a friendly nudge

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
For what ever reason you were not meant to be at that place at that time. Everything happens for a reason, try and relax and regroup your thoughts. Play nice with Honda and see if they wont help you out. If you have to, find another form of transportation to Vegas and enjoy the time you have planned. It will all work out in the end.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Honda Warrantied both of the issues i'm had with my Fury since i bought it. Granted i still have a warranty on mine, but the issues i had they could have easily told me to go pack sand. they didn't though and they fixed it. i'd be willing to bet at a minimum they would reimburse you for the pump and installations costs. but i agree with most, find a way to get to your destination. then worry about the bike.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I'd be pissed too. My PC-5 almost had me in the same boat.... and it runs fine without it.

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
just a thought

It's easy to smile
when your ship's coming in
and you've got the stock market beat

but, the man who is worthwhile
is the one who can smile
when his pants are too tight in the seat

Judge Smails....Caddyshack

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
just a thought

It's easy to smile
when your ship's coming in
and you've got the stock market beat

but, the man who is worthwhile
is the one who can smile
when his pants are too tight in the seat

Judge Smails....Caddyshack
ladies and gents, amongst the rabble and scum that is a biker's haven, we have a poet in our midst--all kneel before this sage and wizened soul.

<anyone who can quote Caddyshack is ok in my book>

·
Registered
806 Posts
Call Honda directly:

(866) 784-1870

I had an issue with a fish eye in the paint 2 days and 24 miles after I bought the bike and when I took it to the dealer, they told me that Honda warranty denied the claim. Bullsh!t they did! I picked up the phone and called Honda customer service in California and had a new fender on my bike in three days fully covered by the manufacturer defect clause of the warranty. The dealer was just trying to make some money off me. M*ther f*ckers! The dealer is the enemy, not Honda, remember that. Honda will make it right.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
well, it's been 2 days-has Indigestion got an update for us. this is a bigtime deal--glad i got the extended warranty.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts