Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Premium Member
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need you help guys! Here's the deal. I just cant go another season with the stock pipes and for some reason I just can't seem to find the right exhaust choice for my bike yet. The closest I've found are the Cobra swepts but there just to dam long. I've had this idea for a while now about buying a set of the Cobra swepts and modifying them by cutting and shortening them by 12" to 18" until another exhaust choice that I like becomes available. I hate to buy them and screw this up so I'm looking for any of your thoughts, ideas and suggestions that I may have overlooked on this project before I move forward. Also, I know a lot of you guys are now swapping out your swepts for other exhaust choices so if anyone has a set of the swepts available for sale please let me know. Thanks

· Registered
886 Posts
I need you help guys! Here's the deal. I just cant go another season with the stock pipes and for some reason I just can't seem to find the right exhaust choice for my bike yet. The closest I've found are the Cobra swepts but there just to dam long. I've had this idea for a while now about buying a set of the Cobra swepts and modifying them by cutting and shortening them by 12" to 18" until another exhaust choice that I like becomes available. I hate to buy them and screw this up so I'm looking for any of your thoughts, ideas and suggestions that I may have overlooked on this project before I move forward. Also, I know a lot of you guys are now swapping out your swepts for other exhaust choices so if anyone has a set of the swepts available for sale please let me know. Thanks
It seems that you are describing modifying cobra swepts to look like the Fuggin Mayhems. You may want to check them out first... Fuggin Fabrication - Fury Page I was thinking the same as you when I started looking for pipes. I liked the curved look of the cobras but they were just too damn long. I found the Mayhems and I've been really happy since

Reactions: WI_Hedgehog

· Premium Member
6,029 Posts
It seems that you are describing modifying cobra swepts to look like the Fuggin Mayhems. You may want to check them out first... Fuggin Fabrication - Fury Page I was thinking the same as you when I started looking for pipes. I liked the curved look of the cobras but they were just too damn long. I found the Mayhems and I've been really happy since
Pics of those pipes on a blue bike would be nice
... lol

I was thinking of them, then saw the pic of them on top of their website with the silver fury... just doesn't look like enough pipe for the silver one as it just blends in too much... might be just me though...

· Registered
886 Posts
... lol

I was thinking of them, then saw the pic of them on top of their website with the silver fury... just doesn't look like enough pipe for the silver one as it just blends in too much... might be just me though...
They were just now delivered. I had to send em back to fuggin to get rechromed. I'll have more pics in a couple days but for now, I have this one. This is not my bike

Attachments

· Registered
886 Posts
I mentioned this issue to my wife. She cannot figure out why people would want it shorter. She has always loved the length of the pipe - there is strength in length. Stick with the length baby!

:eek::eek:

Larry
New York
are we still talking about the same pipe here? :cool:

· Registered
13,014 Posts
I like the looks of the Mayhems. Had I not already bought the Cobra swepts, I may have got the Mayhems. Since they're shorter, I wonder if they are louder than the Cobras.

· Registered
886 Posts
I like the looks of the Mayhems. Had I not already bought the Cobra swepts, I may have got the Mayhems. Since they're shorter, I wonder if they are louder than the Cobras.
I can't answer that one. I've never heard the cobras in person. You can watch all the youtube videos you want but speakers just can't recreate what you'd hear in person...

· Registered
886 Posts
I agree. You can't tell by the speakers. As I've said before, anything is better than those stupid stock pipes.
Yeah, the mayhems have non-removable baffles but they sound really good and they're pretty loud...

· Premium Member
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
... lol

Ya I've check out the Mayhems and my buddy has a set on his fury but he keeps burning the shit out of his leg. I just thought the swepts might work if you could somehow shorten them up.

· Registered
886 Posts
Ya I've check out the Mayhems and my buddy has a set on his fury but he keeps burning the shit out of his leg. I just thought the swepts might work if you could somehow shorten them up.
tell him to stop riding in shorts.... :D

· Premium Member
6,029 Posts
That doesn't look too shabby with the blue Fury... Guess they have some black one's they put on a silver Fury and it didn't look bad. I'd have to see a pic of them first, before deciding if it would look good on my bike, especially with all the chrome I have on it now...

· Registered
886 Posts
HaaHaa ryguy I'll pass it along to him but he's dumb as a stump.
lol I won't lie, they DO get hot. You just have to be more careful. When you know something is hot, you're supposed to avoid it. You don't clean the stove IMMEDIATELY after cooking do you? Tell him that....:cool:

· Premium Member
6,029 Posts
lol I won't lie, they DO get hot. You just have to be more careful. When you know something is hot, you're supposed to avoid it. You don't clean the stove IMMEDIATELY after cooking do you? Tell him that....:cool:
On drunken nights... I do :D Damn mac and cheese is hard to get off if you don't get it right away

· Registered
886 Posts
On drunken nights... I do :D Damn mac and cheese is hard to get off if you don't get it right away
Lol, only you.... :D I believe you're right about the mayhems though. I do believe they are available powdercoated... Maybe play around with photoshop to see what they look like since I don't know where to find any pics of them...

· Premium Member
6,029 Posts
Lol, only you.... :D I believe you're right about the mayhems though. I do believe they are available powdercoated... Maybe play around with photoshop to see what they look like since I don't know where to find any pics of them...
I asked them in an e-mail to send me some pics or a link.. so, hopefully they find a pic... Was thinking of photo-shopping it, but you never get the same effect as you do with them actually on the bike...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.