Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I've been having an issue with my 2013 honda fury. I just purchased mine about a month and a half ago and im having issues. When I start it up it idles low and then high then low then high ect. It does this until the bike powers off. Now I've changed the spark plugs, changed the engine oil, and I've changed the shaft oil. After doing this the bike is still having the same problem. I'm wondering if anyone here could give me a tip or insight as to what they think is going on.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Your IAC valve is hunting.

You should probably remove the IAC valve and clean it and manually reset it, as described in the factory service manual, before reinstalling it. The directions for resetting it can also be found in the thread linked in my signature.

While you are doing this unhook your battery and turn the key to the on position. When you are done resetting the IAC valve turn the key off before reconnecting the battery cables.

After you get the intake reinstalled start the bike and let it run WITHOUT TOUCHING THE THROTTLE until the bike reaches operating temperature. You will know it is up to temperature when you hear the radiator cooling fan turn on.

When this happens you can turn the bike off and back on. The IAC valve has been successfully relearned at this point.

·
Registered
248 Posts

You should probably remove the IAC valve and clean it and manually reset it, as described in the factory service manual, before reinstalling it. The directions for resetting it can also be found in the thread linked in my signature.

While you are doing this unhook your battery and turn the key to the on position. When you are done resetting the IAC valve turn the key off before reconnecting the battery cables.

After you get the intake reinstalled start the bike and let it run WITHOUT TOUCHING THE THROTTLE until the bike reaches operating temperature. You will know it is up to temperature when you hear the radiator cooling fan turn on.

When this happens you can turn the bike off and back on. The IAC valve has been successfully relearned at this point.
Thank you for the info .... very helpful.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thank you man, going to give this a go when I get some spare time. much appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts