Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you're not going to ride for a few weeks, should you crank your Fury every few days and let it idle for 5 minutes or so, or does that do more harm than good. Have heard that excessive idling is not good. Just want to keep the oil circulating and battery charged.

·
Banned
622 Posts
best thing is a trickle charger....oil not to much to worry but chaarger a must if u dont run the bike for several miles u do more harm than good carbon build up and stuff so idling isnt good unless you run it 10 15 miles plus it builds condensation which can hurt vital parts as well that u dont burn off

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
OOPS I have my wife starting the bike every few weeks and idling it while I am gone. I was going to invest in a charger before I left but ran out of time.

·
Banned
622 Posts
there are some threads that are mmore detailed on it but not getting hot from running can cause other issues and idling just adds to issues from what all ive read

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
don't think i ever read anything that said you need to run the bike, just get a trickle charger and throw that on the bike at least once a month and let it charge the battery up, there are threads on this already so if you have some time just do a search for the subject and read up on it, or just google it and see what all is said about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts