Honda Fury Forums: banner

If you are in the market for a new exhaust would you spend $700 for the Viper "X" ???

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
I choose the higher version of the Viper-X as it covers the ugly swingarm and welds. For thoughs of you who prefer the lower look, that's what the higher version will look like when you sit on the bike and apply your body weight.

·
Registered
241 Posts
No it is not the pipe i am looking for. Looking for short turned out from the bike in seperate pipes. I will wait.

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
It should :D , mine is a direct copy grafted onto the Fury !!!
As it should be.:D
The more I look at it the more I think FugFab has almost got it. All they need is to extend their new Viper to the end of the swingarm and keep the cut tip. I would buy that. I like the low height in Gar's version. That would mean bringing the Viper up some and lengthening. I kinda like the 3" pipe. So, it really comes down to a marriage of the two designs. Just my .02.

·
Registered
497 Posts
As it should be.:D
The more I look at it the more I think FugFab has almost got it. All they need is to extend their new Viper to the end of the swingarm and keep the cut tip. I would buy that. I like the low height in Gar's version. That would mean bringing the Viper up some and lengthening. I kinda like the 3" pipe. So, it really comes down to a marriage of the two designs. Just my .02.
That's exactly what I said on the other thread;)

·
Registered
158 Posts
This poll seems to be a good way to decide what people want and if there interested. Heck, we should try this more in the future. Great idea!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yeah, but that's what the comments are for. One thing is for sure, more then half the people who took the pole would buy one or the other and that's a good thing fir Fuggin Fab.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have to disagree with a few of you guys. I have a 2 into 1 Cobra on my wife's shadow, and hands down it has outperformed and sounds better than the first two options before it. I would have to vote yes, but 7 bills??? maybe if ya could hear one? still lookind at D and D option of the slip-ons, main factor is 400 cheaper.............. big factor.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Agreed

I have to disagree with a few of you guys. I have a 2 into 1 Cobra on my wife's shadow, and hands down it has outperformed and sounds better than the first two options before it. I would have to vote yes, but 7 bills??? maybe if ya could hear one? still lookind at D and D option of the slip-ons, main factor is 400 cheaper.............. big factor.
Not sure how the $700 figure came about and Im not sure this is accurate price. IMHO, I think $500 would be more in the ball park, but guess we will have to wait and see.

One thing is for sure, "I like the look of the Viper-X"!

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I wonder if the low configuration, the XL version, would be prone to dragging in the corners?

·
Registered
158 Posts
My thoughts exactly

I wonder if the low configuration, the XL version, would be prone to dragging in the corners?
I wonder if the lower version will drag as well through a sharp right hand turn. If you noticed when you sit on the Fury, the swingarm rises up inside the rear fender while the exhaust goes downward tward the ground. I do believe the higher version of the Viper-X will resemble the lower version once you sit your weight on the bike. I actually am beginning to like both versions the more I look at them. Maybe Fuggin will just make an in between version. Either way, Im sure Fuggin will experment and the poll is truly helpful here.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Though conflicted like Gar, I'm beginning to think that both form and function would best be served by the higher "X" version; form, by hiding that bleeding ugly swingarm and function, by keeping the collector up off the ground (I drag both pegs with alarming regularity). Having the ass-end jacked sideways by inadvertent but inevitable grounding is always disconcerting.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Not on my Fury; yet. Must be an optical illusion, but the XL appeared to sit lower than the stock pipes.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts