Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to post these up, see how others differ, agree, whatever... I came from riding a sportbike/crotch rocket for 7 years, full face helmet, leathers, track days, pushed speed often, had bikes over 160, been down a few times on the track, once on the street. On to the Fury impressions...

• great riding position compared to sportbike, so comfortable, though my bad bad takes a bit of a beating, even with good posture
  • the seat stinks, i'm getting a C&C seat, waiting a guy to send pics of a C&C seat with additional lumbar. anyone else have pics? i wanna know what the one or two inch lumbar addition looks like
  • crusing around slower feels right. relaxed riding is great. i wear a half helmet, no shield, and it seems i ride the speed limit without knowing it... crazy
  • sportbike is 80% + front brake, Fury seems... maybe 50/50 front/rear, that takes getting used to. longer wheelbase, different build, i guess that makes sense
  • turning is a lot different... you have to plan for it a bit. tight corners are harder... haven't quite adjusted...
  • i get WAY more looks... people love this. it's insane. i had a white sportbike and got more attention than my friends on it, but nothing like the fury
  • enough power, especially with all the wind, to satisfy.
  • just a completely different experience. even in traffic i'm calm now.
  • shifting is easy and smooth, though i hit neutral often
  • starter is touchy... sometimes i need to start it twice... i figure that's normal?
  • i seem to need more gas or ride the clutch more than my sportbikes... just touchy... seems like it wants to kill a little easier. stock exhaust. no biggie... just a note
  • black is faster
  • amber goggles are awesome -- get some... every ride is bright and they take the edge off of reflections
  • early on had a small puddle of black liquid near the kickstand out of exhaust tube. took it in, they couldn't replicate... said it was probably grease/oil they used to lube it with off the crate. never had it since... just a note
  • short on cash... might get the Viper tips. anyone else make something similar that are bigger/longer, without a full exhaust? might have to go full exhaust.
  • i need a loan... 11K out the door, but i could drop 5K easy in a month modding
  • we used Plexus to clean the sportbikes.... a generic version is Pledge... a note... it works awesome!
  • 32 years old... calming down... it was time for the Fury. thank god.
  • even short guys, i'm 5'6" can ride it. it's awesome to have 2 feet SOLIDLY down for a change. what a difference in stability!

Sorry this got so long. Just a few notes. Love this dang thing. Great community here too. You can tell the Fury is just getting going as this forums is so tight knit and there's not tons of other fury forums around.

· Registered
84 Posts
Faster,

I am with you. I have had all kinds of bikes and the Fury so far in a month as given me more fun and satisfaction than before. Not to mention the constant attention I get every place I go..asking all about the bike!

· Registered
189 Posts
Just wanted to post these up, see how others differ, agree, whatever... I came from riding a sportbike/crotch rocket for 7 years, full face helmet, leathers, track days, pushed speed often, had bikes over 160, been down a few times on the track, once on the street.
Been there, still doing that AND loving the Fury, too...

[*]great riding position compared to sportbike, so comfortable, though my bad bad takes a bit of a beating, even with good posture
Personally, I don't find that big a difference. To me, on longer rides, no matter what bike, the key is moving around, and I feel I have fewer options on the Fury. (i've ridden a Ninja 1000 from Conn to Atlanta twice, so it's not like I've not done saddle time on a sportbike to compare)

[*]the seat stinks, i'm getting a C&C
Good luck. My Corbin is treating me well.

[*]crusing around slower feels right. relaxed riding is great. i wear a half helmet, no shield, and it seems i ride the speed limit without knowing it... crazy
Totally agree, with no face mask 60/65 mph is a comfortable cruising pace.

[*]sportbike is 80% + front brake, Fury seems... maybe 50/50 front/rear, that takes getting used to. longer wheelbase, different build, i guess that makes sense
I agree this is the biggest adjstment going back and forth from Fury to Gixxer and back.

[*]turning is a lot different... you have to plan for it a bit. tight corners are harder... haven't quite adjusted...
Bigger adjustment at low speed than on faster sweepers. First couple times I dragged the footpeg feelers on the Fury it was a little unsettling, but the bike can move pretty well.

[*]i get WAY more looks... people love this. it's insane. i had a white sportbike and got more attention than my friends on it, but nothing like the fury
I haven't seen an appreciable difference.

[*]enough power, especially with all the wind, to satisfy.
Agreed!

[*]just a completely different experience. even in traffic i'm calm now.
Interesting. I think at high speed on the gixxer I'm more relaxed than on the Fury. But at low speed, totally agree with you.

[*]shifting is easy and smooth, though i hit neutral often
[*]starter is touchy... sometimes i need to start it twice... i figure that's normal?
[*]i seem to need more gas or ride the clutch more than my sportbikes... just touchy... seems like it wants to kill a little easier. stock exhaust. no biggie... just a note
[*]black is faster
[*]amber goggles are awesome -- get some... every ride is bright and they take the edge off of reflections
[*]early on had a small puddle of black liquid near the kickstand out of exhaust tube. took it in, they couldn't replicate... said it was probably grease/oil they used to lube it with off the crate. never had it since... just a note
[*]short on cash... might get the Viper tips. anyone else make something similar that are bigger/longer, without a full exhaust? might have to go full exhaust.
[*]i need a loan... 11K out the door, but i could drop 5K easy in a month modding
[*]we used Plexus to clean the sportbikes.... a generic version is Pledge... a note... it works awesome!
[*]32 years old... calming down... it was time for the Fury. thank god.
[*]even short guys, i'm 5'6" can ride it. it's awesome to have 2 feet SOLIDLY down for a change. what a difference in stability!
[/LIST]

Sorry this got so long. Just a few notes. Love this dang thing. Great community here too. You can tell the Fury is just getting going as this forums is so tight knit and there's not tons of other fury forums around.
Glad you are pleeased with your purchase and totally agree the guys on this forum are super helpful.

· Premium Member
1,629 Posts
I have a sport bike as well but from 94-09 I only rode sport bikes. This was my first outside of those and I love it. The turning was definitely the biggest thing I had to get used to. Now I can burn out and piss sport bikes off until about 50-60 mph lol. I celdom use my CBR anymore and am actually debating selling it.

· Premium Member
3,448 Posts
WELCOME FASTER!

You'll get used to the turning. Practice makes perfect.
Hang on to your wallet, bud; it's a roller coaster for Fury riders! It's the perfect bike to mod. It's already hott looking--and the add-ons for it grow in volume weekly.

...and of course, Black is faster... FASTER. As a newbie you probably didn't know this interesting (but nearly true) bit of Fury trivia:
You see, the Black bikes weren't always Black. They started out matte silver, and then, one very DARK night at the factory, when you least expected it to happen, your bike turned BLACK!!

it's a complicated formula--don't worry your little head over it. The Silver-to-Black gremlins select just a few Furys for this UPGRADE. Just enjoy and ride safe.

<hmm, yellow goggles, eh?>

· Registered
405 Posts
Ya the biggest difference i noticed from my cbr 1000 to my fury was time getting some place. ON the CBR it took me 10 min, average speed 90mph, now with the fury it take 20 min average speed 70mph! I wouldnt traid it for anything!

· Premium Member
6,029 Posts
They have an old 70's Honda bike on the showroom floor at my Honda dealer that they are selling... Was actually contemplating buying it the other day, just like the old fashioned feel and look of it and also, it have very low miles on it.

· Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This thread also reminds me that changing from sportbikes to a chopper also increases the average age of the rider by about 25 years!!!!!!! I'll have to learn to be sensitive to everybody around here and speak a little louder.

· Premium Member
6,029 Posts
This thread also reminds me that changing from sportbikes to a chopper also increases the average age of the rider by about 25 years!!!!!!! I'll have to learn to be sensitive to everybody around here and speak a little louder.
Man, I could just imagine myself riding a sports bike around at the age of 7, just all those other yahoo's... ;) :rolleyes:

· Premium Member
6,029 Posts
I hear you were pretty macho back then, pulling into the grade school parking lot doing a wheelie... hell yeah!
Heck yea... back then I was into that old show, what was it... Happy Days... and dressed like the Fonz... so, yea... I was a stud with the ladies... grrr :cool:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.