Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
There just are not any words to express my sorrow for Steve and for his family who will now be left to pick up the pieces and move on.
May God be with his family in this time of need.

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
If a man is only as good as his word, Steve is a good man because I truly will miss his words. God bless those he left behind.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I am saddened to hear this news. I am glad I made the Dragon Run to meet Shorty in person. I enjoyed the time with him. He was certainly entertaining and made me laugh. That is a gift in itself. Prayers and well wishes to his family. If anyone finds out about a service or a fund for him pass it on. Stan

·
Registered
560 Posts
I still dont really know what to say. When I read this yesterday just like everyone else my jaw dropped. Steve helped me with the idea and design of the Fury hats we had made some time ago. So for the few that have these hats they just became even more special. This was the only dealing i ever had with Steve and that saddens me. I have been reading all of the nice things that everyone is writing and it makes me realize this community and most of all his family and friends have lost someone very very special. May you rest in peace Steve. You are gone but not forgotten.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
The more I read about Steve through this post and other the sadder I get not knowing the man in person or talking to him through the forum.

It is a shame that an incedent like this brings out alot of love and respect that one should know while here amoust us.

I hope Steve is smiling down upon us with the biggest grin he has ever had, knowing that he has touched so so many people, personally, online and even just in his posts and pics.

Even though I am recently new here let me say one more thing.

To all my Fury Brothers
We are brothers, through good and bad, thick and thin, a brotherhood for one and all, known and unknown

So that my friends is my peace

·
Premium Member
1,105 Posts
The more I read about Steve through this post and other the sadder I get not knowing the man in person or talking to him through the forum.

It is a shame that an incedent like this brings out alot of love and respect that one should know while here amoust us.

I hope Steve is smiling down upon us with the biggest grin he has ever had, knowing that he has touched so so many people, personally, online and even just in his posts and pics.

Even though I am recently new here let me say one more thing.

To all my Fury Brothers
We are brothers, through good and bad, thick and thin, a brotherhood for one and all, known and unknown

So that my friends is my peace
Ditto Ride in Peace Shorty.

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks to a Fury Forum lesson 101 from Predator, this thread is also displayed on the Home page.

Many of you have suggested doing some fundraising and memorial gifts; please see that everything is handled properly and that you have the approval of Mary Palmer.

I would also like to thank you for not taking this in a negative/revenge direction towards the driver. Everyone has shown some class in this unfortunate situation.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
If I can do anything to help in this seeing im local to his wife let me know, great info Richard. I am going to miss him, sad this happened so close to home. I traveled that road so many times, its off limits to military vehicles because its so bad, that road has caused so many wrecks in the past, maybe this one will get some much needed changes to save lives. How many more have to leave us before we do something.. Drinking a Beer for Steve tonight.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Like most of you, I'm in shock over this news.

I've had the pleasure of meeting and knowing Steve, and I will miss him. My deepest sympathy and apology goes out to Mary and the rest of his family.

I will remember the conversations I had with him and having the pleasure of riding with such a honest, humble man will stay with me forever.

RIP Steve, you will be missed by many.
:(

·
Registered
132 Posts
All I can say is I can not believe it. Steve was the most selfless guy I had met in a long time. He freely shared ideas and worked with me to create parts for the fury. Very talented and funny guy. He will be missed. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

Ride on brother I'll catch up with you at the big rally in the sky.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I just realized this looking at the new banner at the top of the forums.....August 3rd this year marked 9 years from my dad's accident on his 929 taking his life. August 3rd 2006 the preacher at my church at that time lost his battle with cancer. And now this year Steve. I didn't know you but rest in peace man.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Uncle Steve

All,

My grandma, Sharon (we call her Nanny), just told me about this site that Uncle Steve would frequent. When I saw his picture up top it made me feel good knowing that he has great friends that loved him dear. And after reading the various posts, it warms my heart even more. Nanny wanted me to read this for her (my father - his brother) is also going to read this. She wanted to have what you guys did for Steve for the family memory album. All I can say is thank you from the bottom of my heart. I guess that's it. Don't know what else to say really.

Mike Jr.

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
None of us really know what to say...... but I do miss his words and wisdom.

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
All,

My grandma, Sharon (we call her Nanny), just told me about this site that Uncle Steve would frequent. When I saw his picture up top it made me feel good knowing that he has great friends that loved him dear. And after reading the various posts, it warms my heart even more. Nanny wanted me to read this for her (my father - his brother) is also going to read this. She wanted to have what you guys did for Steve for the family memory album. All I can say is thank you from the bottom of my heart. I guess that's it. Don't know what else to say really.

Mike Jr.
Mike Jr., just know that you and your family have our condolences. What people wrote on here is genuine. Steve was well liked. We don't always understand why things happen the way they do.

·
Registered
1 Posts
To All Who Knew Steve:

We cannot thank you enough for all the kind words you have expressed about my brother. It warms our hearts to know that he was so loved by so many. All the stories and comments you’ve shared prove this and just goes to show the type of man Steve was. I see by some of the posting there are ideas of how best to honor his memory. For those who knew Steve he was not one for the lime light but I think he would have agreed to this. As you travel through life do what you can to help others as Steve had done for so many.

Good bye little brother, I love you.

Mike Sr.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts