Honda Fury Forums: banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
Pretty sure my area is one of the worst in the US for this. Good 'ole Seattle, WA. People on the left are outright INSANE here. I live far south of Seattle and never go up there if I don't have to (sans a baseball game or something).

Not sure how much longer I can take this place but I have a good job. But the work/living balance is starting to tip into the "not worth it" realm
The problem is the political class have fallen for the left wing BS hook line and sinker all over the world. If the USA goes down to the push from the left to stuff everyone and everything up the rest of the world is doomed.
I understand exactly what you mean by a good job but the work life balance is not what it used to be. I say to my wife all the time that I don't know how much longer I can take the shit at work and the constant traffic jam getting there and back. I know you guys think that CA is bad, but it is looking better every day compared to the rest of the world.......

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
The problem is the political class have fallen for the left wing BS hook line and sinker all over the world. If the USA goes down to the push from the left to stuff everyone and everything up the rest of the world is doomed.
I understand exactly what you mean by a good job but the work life balance is not what it used to be. I say to my wife all the time that I don't know how much longer I can take the shit at work and the constant traffic jam getting there and back. I know you guys think that CA is bad, but it is looking better every day compared to the rest of the world.......
Oh puhleezzzz say it's not true. That's all we need, a bunch of pussies tippy toeing around like they're walking on egg shells. Hope the hell there's not another World War.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Pretty sure my area is one of the worst in the US for this. Good 'ole Seattle, WA. People on the left are outright INSANE here. I live far south of Seattle and never go up there if I don't have to (sans a baseball game or something).

Not sure how much longer I can take this place but I have a good job. But the work/living balance is starting to tip into the "not worth it" realm
This might be worse or not, but I work in Boulder, CO. I fucking hate the town, but it's a decent job. Basically there are two types of Boulder residents. Either you are rich elitist scum, or old hippies. There is nothing in between.
I don't know. I've spent time in both Seattle and Boulder and seem like pretty awesome places to me. Maybe it's just you guys🤣

And a story:
What is This Town Like?

Back in the days when the settlers were moving to the West, a wise man stood on a hill outside a new Western town. As the settlers came from the East, the wise man was the first person they met before coming to the settlement. They asked eagerly what the people of the town were like.

He answered them with a question: "What were the people like in the town you just left?"

Some said, "The town we came from was wicked. The people were rude gossips who took advantage of innocent people. It was filled with thieves and liars."

The wise man answered, "This town is the same as the one you left."

They thanked the man for saving them from the trouble they had just come out of. They then moved on further west.

Then another group of settlers arrived and asked the same question: "What is this town like?"

The wise man asked again, "What was the town like where you came from?" . These responded, "It was wonderful! We had dear friends. Everyone looked out for the others' interest. There was never any lack because all cared for one another. If someone had a big project, the entire community gathered to help. It was a hard decision to leave, but we felt compelled to make way for future generations by going west as pioneers."

The wise old man said to them exactly what he had said to the other group: "This town is the same as the one you left."

These people responded with joy, "Let's settle here!"

How they viewed their past relations was their scope for their future ones.​

·
Registered
33 Posts
I don't know. I've spent time in both Seattle and Boulder and seem like pretty awesome places to me. Maybe it's just you guys🤣

And a story:
What is This Town Like?

Back in the days when the settlers were moving to the West, a wise man stood on a hill outside a new Western town. As the settlers came from the East, the wise man was the first person they met before coming to the settlement. They asked eagerly what the people of the town were like.

He answered them with a question: "What were the people like in the town you just left?"

Some said, "The town we came from was wicked. The people were rude gossips who took advantage of innocent people. It was filled with thieves and liars."

They thanked the man for saving them from the trouble they had just come out of. They then moved on further west.

Then another group of settlers arrived and asked the same question: "What is this town like?"

The wise man asked again, "What was the town like where you came from?" . These responded, "It was wonderful! We had dear friends. Everyone looked out for the others' interest. There was never any lack because all cared for one another. If someone had a big project, the entire community gathered to help. It was a hard decision to leave, but we felt compelled to make way for future generations by going west as pioneers."

The wise old man said to them exactly what he had said to the other group: "This town is the same as the one you left."

I see says grasshopper

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
It's definitely not "us".
It would take me damn near a morning to type what's wrong with this place. It's criminal to say the least.
If you do a bit of research about it you will understand.
Seattle creates it's own problems on purpose so they can tax us HUGE to pad pockets, then do nothing about the issues.
Then you have the left screaming poor us, poor everyone, free everything! Wonder where that $$ is supposed to come from.

I digress though, I hate politics and stay out of them.
It's just a fact that I can't be in a place like this much longer.

·
Registered
12,115 Posts

And a story:
What is This Town Like?

That's a nice story, but my experience has been much different. The bigger the city, the more stupid the population is. Look at the major cities. They're full of leftwing lunatics with an insane amount of crime and everyone's out for themselves.

A smaller town, like the one I work in, still some crime sure, but more friendly people who work for a living. A few lefties, but mostly conservatives.

Now the rural area where I grew up, neighbors lived about a mile or two away, but when anyone needed any help, all the neighbors pitched in. Very friendly people who always waved when you drove by.........and they're all right wingers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have and Indian Roadmaster and it rides like a dream on a distance ride. Not that good for bopping round town though!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts