Honda Fury Forums: banner

Inspection stickers

3K views 30 replies 19 participants last post by  2 Evil 
#1 ·
I don’t know about the other states but here in Brooklyn they put the inspection sticker on the left side fork. It sticks out like a sore thumb. Any ideas on where to hide it and be legal of course. Thanks

#4 ·
Just get a chromed inspection plate and put it on the left front forward control. I put mine there and haven't been bothered about it yet. It is in plain sight. It also gave me a place to hang my gaurdian bell. I would throw a complete fit if they tried to stick that ugly ass inspection sticker on my fork tube.

#5 ·
this was one of my first mods i did when i got home. Surprisingly enough i managed to get it off losing only one V in the void part that is in the glue. A little white out and you couldnt tell. Out of the 3K miles i put on the bike last year; most in the city, i never had any cops bust my balls.

I ended up making my own plate out of some diamond plate. I mounted it to one of the bolts on the radiator support near the left forward controls so it sits perpendicular to the toe of my left boot. It sits the same as my license plate if that helps with a mental picture.

I just recently bought an inspection plate holder off Ebay. They sell anywhere from $7 - $45 dollars. I think i paid $12 shipped for mine. It was used from SC but in mint condition.

#10 ·
Well down here in N.M we dont have inspection stickers and once u register ur bike they pretty much dont care until its time to register it again and the state wants its money. It would suck to have a sticker on the fork tube most of us are talking stickers off and u are figuring out where to put one on.....i feel for u............

#21 ·
If you are parked somewhere and your tag is not displayed you will be ticketed .

#13 ·
It has to be just a law for the revenue. Just another reason to pull someone over, right?

I mean, if you have a valid sticker on your plate, then it should be assumed you have met whatever requirement(s) there is(are) to get that sticker; be it an annual fee or inspection or both.

It's as bad as a front license plate! What is the point of a front plate on a car? You don't see states requiring front plates on a motorcycle! Just another law that gives Johnny a reason to pull you over.

Here's how it should work ... get an inspection, take the results and your money to the DMV or County Tax Collector or whomever, and they give you a new sticker for your license plate. Isn't that so much easier??

#15 · (Edited)
NY cops are such ball busters they only want to see it on the forks I have run into this issue before. I don't think it really matters where it is as long as it visible but these cops are only looking at the forks and if they don't see it they pull you over. I will look into putting mine elsewhere because I just powder coated my forks. If your the type of guy who likes to bar hop with the bike then put it where they look for it don't give them the excuse to pull you over. Last year I parked my bike in front of the job site lower Manhattan and a parking cop was about to write me a ticket for no plate this dumb ass was only looking at the rear fender for the plate but I have a side mount thank god I had The chance to point that out to the idiot or I would have gotten a ticket for no plate. That clearly goes to show how black and white they see things.

#16 ·
As someone else on here said, I feel for you guys that have to mess with that inspection crap. Here in Kansas, as long as you buy the vehicle in state, there is no inspection. If you buy it out of state, the only inspection they do is check the VIN and that's just a one time thing. I'm grateful for this.

#19 ·
In Pa we have yearly inspection stickers too, only you can't have months 1,2,3 or 11,12. So If you have a 4 sticker you pretty much can't ride it when the weather breaks unless you go get it inspected. Ours is placed on let front fork too, but they don't hassle if you have a mount for it. Wait until they make us get emissions inspections too....like cars.

#25 ·
That is just what I am going to do. It looks good

#31 ·
Not at all. I have size 12 feet and never even came close to it with my boot. Some times my flip flops get caught in it but only sometimes lol. No I didnt use a longer bolt just the stock.
I had a sticker on the fork when I bought it but hated it. 2 days later y buddy said it was a crime to put it on the forks and gave me the plate. No one I know ever got hassled for a plate in NYC and going to bike weeks nothing was ever said either. No worries I'm legit! I don't drink, do drugs, speed or have underage women (18 is legal) on the bike so I have no worries. LOL

#30 ·
When I lived in Va, I remember having to have those large VA stickers on my white VFR700's front fender....hated it.

Here in NC, they recently cut out the inspection sticker requirement....you must get it inspected yearly, but it goes into the DMV's computer system and without it inspected, you cannot get a tag renewal each year. That goes for bikes, cars and other vehicles

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.