Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took sometime yesterday and installed the ISO grips. They looked GREAT! and are very comfortable, too. The clutch side was a bit of pain, but I got it done somehow.

So my question is, I noticed that on my throttle side there is a bit of slack when throttle is in neutral position. I thought it might have always been there even with the stock grip but I just don't notice it since the grip itself is all black. I started noticing it with ISO since the padding are separated by the chrome in the middle. I thought the throttle should always spring back to it's original position when not used, seems like it springs back but not all the way. Is there a way to remedy this? Or is it just normal?

I'm just a bit anal like Adrian Monk, I like everything to be leveled and even.. :p

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
There should be some slack in the cables (1/16-1/4 "), you can adjust it at the throttle end, at the upper cable.

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
so not springing back to full stop is because of the cable? Not because of something else right?
At idle, you should be able to move the grip 1/16 to 1/4" before you feel the cable tension up. From WOT the grip/throttle should snap back to a position within that loose area, may not be all the way clockwise to the stop, there should be a small amount of "slop" in the grip. Honda uses a push/pull cable system, the spring on the throttle body actually pulls the grip back to idle when released, if the grip does not move smoothly, or the throttle does not return to an idle position, you have a problem, usually glue in the end of the grip.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help~!

It does return to Idle, so I guess I'm ok.

I just wished that I installed the grip a bit more clockwise so when it spring back both sides are perfectly even, instead having myself to rotate it through that slack to look even..

·
Registered
108 Posts
I don't get how there is a visible difference when you turn the grip back by hand after it stops. Assuming that your throttle grip sleeve is not binding, how much slack do you have in the grip? You can have as little as 1/16 as long as you have some free play. Usually, if you turn the bars back and forth, the slack in the grip will change a little bit. Turn the bars all the way both ways and adjust to have some free play at the tightest point. At idle, you don't want the cable holding the throttle open at all.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
I also noticed more play then usual after ISO grips install. I Just tightened the cable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts