Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the following items tonight, I am on the fence as to powdercoating the rest including the levers and mirrors. What do you think ?

Installed :
1. Powdercoated switch covers
2. Powdercoated kickstand
3. SmT Black Revolver Grips

Attachments

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Well that solves my question about powdercoating the kickstand! First one I have seen black.
Your set up looks great!
if your on the fence I would say powder the stems of the mirrors. If it were me any way.
Just the stems, not the actual mirror.
And if you don't! Looks bad ass as is!!

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
Yes, you must continue on the powder coating to the perches and levers. THe mirrors, im on the fence with.
Very nice Troop. I think I'm with CB as well on the perches and levers.... not sure on the mirrors either. PC on the kickstand was a great idea!

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Well that solves my question about powdercoating the kickstand! First one I have seen black.
Your set up looks great!
if your on the fence I would say powder the stems of the mirrors. If it were me any way.
Just the stems, not the actual mirror.
And if you don't! Looks bad ass as is!!
You gonna do your kickstand ??

Thanks for the kind words, I think I will continue to powder coat the rest. I will leave the mirrors alone and see what it looks like. After I do the perches and levers. I started a thread to powder coat stands for members if they want it, zitro is first, I should get his done soon then I think there were 2 others in line. If you would want it done you can jump in line.

http://www.furyforums.com/forum/fury-diy-area/6625-side-stand-powder-coated.html

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I want to do this for some time now. I really want to do the whole hand control set up in Satin black. Its the down time that kills me though. PM sent for the Kick stand. Wish I could get everything on a exchange thing.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Looks Great! Not sure if anyone mentioned this yet, but I would continue on with the mirror stems, perches, and levers.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm liking it a lot and am tempted to grab the powder coating setup I've been eying for a while now. You guys keep tempting me with all of these ideas. What color powder did you go with? I'm definitely thinking of clear powder coating any part I spend lots of time polishing up in aluminum as well to keep it from dulling or oxidizing.

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm liking it a lot and am tempted to grab the powder coating setup I've been eying for a while now. You guys keep tempting me with all of these ideas. What color powder did you go with? I'm definitely thinking of clear powder coating any part I spend lots of time polishing up in aluminum as well to keep it from dulling or oxidizing.
It is gloss black to match the frame, I had the parts sandblasted before powder coating too. I didn't want it too shiny so I didn't clear it, will see over time how well it stands up.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Yes very cool... I particularly like pic 2 cause it showed me where I missed another stick on my bike - now I have something to do after work! :)

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes very cool... I particularly like pic 2 cause it showed me where I missed another stick on my bike - now I have something to do after work! :)
Yeah I have taken all mine off also, but I missed that one too, it will be off by Monday !

·
Registered
675 Posts
Hey troop, I like where your going with your bike. Keep going with the black. Also, I think MFR's tank bib in black would be a good addition to the bike.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
You gonna do your kickstand ??

Thanks for the kind words, I think I will continue to powder coat the rest. I will leave the mirrors alone and see what it looks like. After I do the perches and levers. I started a thread to powder coat stands for members if they want it, zitro is first, I should get his done soon then I think there were 2 others in line. If you would want it done you can jump in line.

http://www.furyforums.com/forum/fury-diy-area/6625-side-stand-powder-coated.html
That would be kick ass! But I got a guy that will do it for aboyut $20 and the bike will be down for 1 day.
I like the look of black, then chrome, then black, then chrome. Kinda how I saw your set up. Mirrors chrome, stems black, levers.......Chrome color:p
You get the point:D
But that's me. Like I said, LOOKS BAD ASS!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts