Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed the Cobra Swepts today, very easy installation took about an hour from start to finish. They look better in person that in pictures.

They sound awsome! They have a great rumble, not overly loud but sound sweet, blows the stock exhaust away as this is how these bikes should sound!

After looking at the stock exhaust I was supprised how small the diameter of the factory pipes actually is. Couple that with the catalyst inside the mufflers; I'm hoping that once the S&S intake arrives and the fuel programmer it should run a little harder.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
What am I missing?

Installed the Cobra Swepts today, very easy installation took about an hour from start to finish. They look better in person that in pictures.

They sound awsome! They have a great rumble, not overly loud but sound sweet, blows the stock exhaust away as this is how these bikes should sound!

After looking at the stock exhaust I was supprised how small the diameter of the factory pipes actually is. Couple that with the catalyst inside the mufflers; I'm hoping that once the S&S intake arrives and the fuel programmer it should run a little harder.
BB,
You thought the install was easy? Your kidding right? How did you get your hand behind the nut for the Cobra's top support bracket? I am by no means a large person and I could just get my hand behind to hold the nut in place -- holding the nut with a pair of tiny vice-grips so I could tighten it was another battle.
Am I missing something?
T
PS. They do sound better then the stock.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The trick to the nylock nuts for the new exhaust bracket was to slide them up with one finger and thread the bolt into the nut. The bracket was on in less than 5-minutes. The hardest part was getting the heat shield hose clamps started after spreading them up to go over the pipes. The hose clamps are the only thing that is kind of "cheesy".

·
Registered
118 Posts
tightening the top nut

Getting the nut on was easy but getting it tight is another. I could only hand tighten. Could not get any tools up there to hold the nut while wrenching on the outside. anyone else able to get a tool up there and hold the top nut? I may take it in to the dealer to see if the can get something on that nut and tighten.

·
Registered
179 Posts
put my cobras on last night! love it, they sound great. i disconnected the battery and drained the memory and let it idle for 10 mins. im not running a programmer of any kind and it runs like a bat out of hell. no popping on deceleration. install was pretty easy i had to grind the front flange a little. took me about an hour with the g/f helping. as of the mount i had no problem with sliding a open end wrench from the bottom. the only problem with getting a wrench or socket was the bottom front flange bolt. but it was worth it. i got them for 580.:)

·
Registered
152 Posts
put my cobras on last night! love it, they sound great. i disconnected the battery and drained the memory and let it idle for 10 mins. im not running a programmer of any kind and it runs like a bat out of hell. no popping on deceleration. install was pretty easy i had to grind the front flange a little. took me about an hour with the g/f helping. as of the mount i had no problem with sliding a open end wrench from the bottom. the only problem with getting a wrench or socket was the bottom front flange bolt. but it was worth it. i got them for 580.:)
Does every one that installed these pipes have to grind the front flange down????:confused:

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
My understanding of the Fury electronic MAP system, unplugging the battery did not drain any memory. (Other than the clock and trip odometer.)
The Fury system is not a learning system like a car.
I've seen the statement a couple times in this forum now.

I've seen this statement a few times in this forum and don't understand whe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts