Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gotta pick out insurance for my bike over the next few days, was wondering..... they ask what primary use is if its pleasure, work or school travel, and a few other options, was wondering what best would be since they cant really say you arnt allowed to park your bike certain places if its pleasure or if its work and school related they take that more seriously for lower rates since your trying to get there and not really messing around. Im just trying to keep my insurance lower but keep decent coverage

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Hey gotta pick out insurance for my bike over the next few days, was wondering..... they ask what primary use is if its pleasure, work or school travel, and a few other options, was wondering what best would be since they cant really say you arnt allowed to park your bike certain places if its pleasure or if its work and school related they take that more seriously for lower rates since your trying to get there and not really messing around. Im just trying to keep my insurance lower but keep decent coverage
Try PROGRESSIVE; I don't think they stipulate. Or maybe it's just because I'm an old fart. LOL

Cheers

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
progressive was the only one i checked so far, had to take off for work right after getting the bike home. That is what brought up the question

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Try PROGRESSIVE; I don't think they stipulate. Or maybe it's just because I'm an old fart. LOL

Cheers
Your AutoCAD sketch was a giveaway, too smart to be in civil field and too old of a program to be around my age.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
I have state farm, oddly my fury is more than my CBR1000RR but compared to when I lived in NC my rates for everything rock here.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have state farm, oddly my fury is more than my CBR1000RR but compared to when I lived in NC my rates for everything rock here.
thats not cool, the finance manager said state farm and he pays about 100 a month on his cbr1000rr and i would be cheaper. It just doesnt make sense this bike is almost the same price as a cbr1000 and not as easy or cliche to be dumb on

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
Your AutoCAD sketch was a giveaway, too smart to be in civil field and too old of a program to be around my age.
It's still around... It's what engineer's use to design things... :rolleyes:

Oh... try allstate...

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's still around... It's what engineer's use to design things... :rolleyes:
It collects dust on my computer. We use ProE and Solidworks. 3D modeling in those trumps autoCAD in my opinion. Mostly autoCAD is used by small companies and construction people.

Tomorrow I'll e-shop allstate, state farm and progressive. Any ideas on what i should select Pleasure or school and work

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
It collects dust on my computer. We use ProE and Solidworks. 3D modeling in those trumps autoCAD in my opinion. Mostly autoCAD is used by small companies and construction people.

Tomorrow I'll e-shop allstate, state farm and progressive. Any ideas on what i should select Pleasure or school and work
ProE is good, but not the best... it's quick and easy for things that need to get done quick, but I personally don't think it's as accurate as AutoCAD.. I work for a little company called Raytheon (fortune 500 company) and more than half of the people use AutoCAD... So I don't know where you got that info at... To each his own tho :D Determines on what you're doing too... :cool:

I wouldn't personally go with state farm, but that's because I know the inside scoop about those guys and they are not always nice to their workers and don't listen wisely to complaints...

and what did you mean by selecting pleasure, school or work.. huh?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I work for an insurance brokerage. just put it as pleasure those are the lowest rates every insurance company asks if its pleasure works or school or other ....

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
I work for an insurance brokerage. just put it as pleasure those are the lowest rates every insurance company asks if its pleasure works or school or other ....
Ahhh, misunderstood what he was saying... Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, didnt know if it would be lowest since it would kinda make the vehicle as a spare and i wouldnt be dependant on it. Or if work/school would be lowest because of the fact i wouldnt be using it just for going bar hopping and bike shows that accidents occur at in higher numbers.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
With all due respect, imwright, the sketch was done with Vellum, not AutoCAD. I'm recently retired from an outfit where our "heavy-lifters" were Catia and ProE, but the majority of quick-and-dirty was done on Vellum. I very much prefer it for all but large government-level projects; unlike AutoCAD, it's incredibly powerful and yet amazingly intuitive. Ask Burt Rutan of Scaled Composites.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
With all due respect, imwright, the sketch was done with Vellum, not AutoCAD. I'm recently retired from an outfit where our "heavy-lifters" were Catia and ProE, but the majority of quick-and-dirty was done on Vellum. I very much prefer it for all but large government-level projects; unlike AutoCAD, it's incredibly powerful and yet amazingly intuitive. Ask Burt Rutan of Scaled Composites.

Cheers
Hmm... never used vellum or Catia. Now i gotta tinker with more drafting platforms on some downtime. I know at Sensormatic, and Hall Industries they mostly use AutoCAD and ProE (Hall uses it very little) some of my friends with lockheed say they mostly use solidworks and AutoCAD with a little ProE. That is why i learned Solidworks. I try staying as familiar with the platforms as possible so if i come across a decent job i can stand a way better chance at getting hired. thanks for the new info

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts

Cheers
Huh... same with Imwright, new to Vellum but heard of Catia... Used AutoCad, but haven't used Vellum very much... Will check it out tomorrow after I get done with my 8k+ oil change... :D

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Hmm... never used vellum or Catia. Now i gotta tinker with more drafting platforms on some downtime. I know at Sensormatic, and Hall Industries they mostly use AutoCAD and ProE (Hall uses it very little) some of my friends with lockheed say they mostly use solidworks and AutoCAD with a little ProE. That is why i learned Solidworks. I try staying as familiar with the platforms as possible so if i come across a decent job i can stand a way better chance at getting hired. thanks for the new info
Catia is VERY high-end; it subscribes for about 30K a station. That's why only the big guys get to use it, such as Boeing, Airbus, GM, the Nat'l Labs, etc. DO check out the Vellum suite; the fire-power is really impressive. It's affordable at the private level, quick to initiate, very intuitive in execution, and runs beautifully on your laptop; all important considerations for consulting work and real-time, in-the field operations. I have several early rev.'s of AutoCAD, which I haven't used for years; not since switching over to Vellum. Try it; you'll like it!

Cheers

Cheers

·
Premium Member
6,727 Posts
I wouldn't personally go with state farm, but that's because I know the inside scoop about those guys and they are not always nice to their workers and don't listen wisely to complaints...

Thats a pretty broad statement about State Farm.

Like any large company, quality and conditions will most likely vary from area to area. I personally have State Farm and have been extremely happy with them. They also had by far the lowest rates in my area.

·
Registered
886 Posts
i also have state farm. for full coverage on my fury they cost me $50/mo which is $10 higher than they charge me for my 05 zx10. both bikes are full coverage insured for $90/mo. my advice is to get quotes from as many companies as you have time to check. every company bases their rates on different variables: age, type of ins, homeowner or not, value to be insured, driving record, etc. different companies charge different amounts for each category to come up with their total premium. in other words, what is cheap for me, isn't always cheap for you and vice versa. it can be a time consuming process and you should probably do it once a year just to make sure you're still getting the best rates as they do change from time to time. hope this helps and good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Just so you can compare here is my rate for a year with state farm 250.00 deduct, 100/300 k coverages

CBR 1000 RR 2008 = 331.56
Fury 2010 = 571.25

1 - 20 of 32 Posts