Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
6,029 Posts
It collects dust on my computer. We use ProE and Solidworks. 3D modeling in those trumps autoCAD in my opinion. Mostly autoCAD is used by small companies and construction people.

Tomorrow I'll e-shop allstate, state farm and progressive. Any ideas on what i should select Pleasure or school and work
ProE is good, but not the best... it's quick and easy for things that need to get done quick, but I personally don't think it's as accurate as AutoCAD.. I work for a little company called Raytheon (fortune 500 company) and more than half of the people use AutoCAD... So I don't know where you got that info at... To each his own tho :D Determines on what you're doing too... :cool:

I wouldn't personally go with state farm, but that's because I know the inside scoop about those guys and they are not always nice to their workers and don't listen wisely to complaints...

and what did you mean by selecting pleasure, school or work.. huh?

· Premium Member
6,029 Posts
I work for an insurance brokerage. just put it as pleasure those are the lowest rates every insurance company asks if its pleasure works or school or other ....
Ahhh, misunderstood what he was saying... Thanks for the heads up!

· Premium Member
6,029 Posts
With all due respect, imwright, the sketch was done with Vellum, not AutoCAD. I'm recently retired from an outfit where our "heavy-lifters" were Catia and ProE, but the majority of quick-and-dirty was done on Vellum. I very much prefer it for all but large government-level projects; unlike AutoCAD, it's incredibly powerful and yet amazingly intuitive. Ask Burt Rutan of Scaled Composites.

Cheers
Huh... same with Imwright, new to Vellum but heard of Catia... Used AutoCad, but haven't used Vellum very much... Will check it out tomorrow after I get done with my 8k+ oil change... :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.