Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and thank you all for your continued patience with the new product coming out from Low and Mean for the Honda Fury.

We have more details on the intake adapter for the Honda Fury as we finish development on this item we will have this adapter ready for the standard Harley 3 bolt intake elbows, so any intake you see for sale from Ebay or Craigslist or other outlets, with that we are making a dynamic cover that will cover the extra components and flow with the Honda Fury motor. We hope by the next weeks to have picture with the "Dynamic" cover install on the Honda Fury.

Thanks again and if you have not seen us yet check out out Honda Fury products at Low and Mean.

LM

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Hello and thank you all for your continued patience with the new product coming out from Low and Mean for the Honda Fury.

We have more details on the intake adapter for the Honda Fury as we finish development on this item we will have this adapter ready for the standard Harley 3 bolt intake elbows, so any intake you see for sale from Ebay or Craigslist or other outlets, with that we are making a dynamic cover that will cover the extra components and flow with the Honda Fury motor. We hope by the next weeks to have picture with the "Dynamic" cover install on the Honda Fury.

Thanks again and if you have not seen us yet check out out Honda Fury products at Low and Mean.

LM
L&M,
Great designs!
Have an ETA in the intake adapter?
Will the bolt pattern be compatible with the CV 40 mm carb? Would like to use the DM-425 Twister Spike Air Cleaner.
Thanks for the assistance.
T

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
When do you think we will see the adapter available for purchase. I am dying to see what the Fury looks like with a spike air filter. I know people have already ordered their filter in anticipation of the adapter coming out. Lets see the pics!!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello, We are working very hard to fine tune the last few lines, I will say this our Honda Fury air intake adapter makes the motor look more aggressive with the aggressive lines. Say tuned we hope to have some pictures by the weekend or sooner.

Thanks for your interest! Please join our news letter to be kept up to date on all of our Honda Fury product releases.
LM

·
Registered
158 Posts
I dont like it that the Low & Mean adapter kit doesn't allow the vacume lines to connect to the adapter. They supply the little filters that just dangle behind the cover. The vacume lines are connected to the adapter for a reson "For Vacume". Just as your car had vacume lines connected to the carb for vacume, otherwise your car would have had little filters on the end instead of being connected to the intake. Im going to go along with the Accutronix intake adapter with the bottom bracket as it allows the vacume lines to connect directly to the intake, just as the factory OEM intake does.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I dont like it that the Low & Mean adapter kit doesn't allow the vacume lines to connect to the adapter. They supply the little filters that just dangle behind the cover. The vacume lines are connected to the adapter for a reson "For Vacume". Just as your car had vacume lines connected to the carb for vacume, otherwise your car would have had little filters on the end instead of being connected to the intake. Im going to go along with the Accutronix intake adapter with the bottom bracket as it allows the vacume lines to connect directly to the intake, just as the factory OEM intake does.

I think we get your point, you don't like the L&M adapter. lol.

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
No crap...

I just ran your ip address, you are lucky you're on the east coast or else I would have banned you. Please stop doing a copy and paste to all intake threads :cool:

Gratsi!

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'm sorry, I was just hoping someone would explain why the vacume lines are not connected to the intake as they require vacume. I only copied and pasted the thread so to get an answer for this. The Accutronix adapter allows the vacume lines to connect to the intake. Don't get me wrong, the Low and Mean is the nicest looking one on the market as it hides all the ugly stuff, but is there going to be a long term issue because the vacume lines are not hooked up?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
The L&M adaptor functions EXACTLY like the stock setup. The vacuum lines just need to be able to pull clean air. This is why they are connected behind the stock filter. There has actually been some concern by a few people on here that the Accutronix adaptor has the ability to create a negative vacuum due to the increased airflow of a performance filter. Apparently there has been at least one owner that had some oil back up the line and end up in the intake. So, do your homework before you make your decision and pick the one that you like.

·
Registered
158 Posts
The vacume is intended to pull air through the lines, meaning pull through the lines into the intake, not the other way around. I believe the intake is supposed to pull air through the lines. I guess we have to wait for someone who knows for sure about this issue, a mechanic possibly. I don't want to guess on this issue before I spend $280 on a Crome Intake Adapter.

·
Registered
152 Posts
The L&M adaptor functions EXACTLY like the stock setup. The vacuum lines just need to be able to pull clean air. This is why they are connected behind the stock filter. There has actually been some concern by a few people on here that the Accutronix adaptor has the ability to create a negative vacuum due to the increased airflow of a performance filter. Apparently there has been at least one owner that had some oil back up the line and end up in the intake. So, do your homework before you make your decision and pick the one that you like.
I think you need to copy and paste this to the other 123 threads.....:eek:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Love my L&M Adaptor

I have the L&M intake adaptor w/the spike intake, mortons exhaust, and PCV. Ride the bike almost daily, and run it up through the gears every once and a while :D Talked with Chris at L&M for a while before purchasing, and learned the function of the breathers, etc. At the time, Accutronix did not offer the braced model for their adaptor or the cover, so I couldn't wait and decided to go ahead and order everything.

I must say, the adaptor and intake wasn't bad to install. Can mess it up I suppose if you don't pay attention, but definitely can be done by the "average joe". I'm very pleased with the look, support, function, etc of the adaptor/pipes/intake/PCV. The bike definitely has alot more power over the stock setup, and pulls hard!:cool: I've been out for 3 rides with friends in the last week (plus driving to work) all over 100 miles, and the bike still running great! No problems, check engine lights, temp lights, etc.

But like Chopped said, do the research, and just make a decision. ALL of these companies are going through ALOT of R&D with their products. Believe me, none of them are going to ruin their reputations and risk destroying YOUR BIKES to make a quick product and sale. Sorry for the long post, but just had to add my 2 cents

1 - 14 of 14 Posts