Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
Wish I knew... I really like the look of those, thinking of going black at first, if I don't like that... then on to the chrome guy it is... Hopefully we'll find out today!

·
Registered
434 Posts
They were instock as of last week. Got mine yesterday. Wasn't a big fan of it at first, but after seeing it (in black) on a few bikes I changed my opinion. Email them. I got a pretty quick response. And very fast shipping.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Mine was sent to chrome on Tues. Should be here begining of next week. That's the last piece of the puzzle before I can put my mayhem's on :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
yeah, I saw the other posts about that, is it difficult though? how far does it have to be moved?

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
yeah, I saw the other posts about that, is it difficult though? how far does it have to be moved?
JHL,
Don't have to move it that much. I was installing forward controls at the same time as the pipes thus just replaced the complete line. But others have stated that they had to undo the, ummm not really sure what you call it, where the brake pipe and the hose connect. Square thing -- big help huh? :)
One other point - really watch your leg at stops. I got my jeans a little to close and YE-oOUCH! Only did that once. Otherwise I have been really pleased. Sound is excellent. Doesn't sound like a HD by any means. Very deep and perfect volume -- just loud enough to let them know you are coming but quite enough to think. lol
T

·
Registered
153 Posts
JHL,
Don't have to move it that much. I was installing forward controls at the same time as the pipes thus just replaced the complete line. But others have stated that they had to undo the, ummm not really sure what you call it, where the brake pipe and the hose connect. Square thing -- big help huh? :)
Lol, I think I'll be able to get it from that description! I might have to look up "Square thing" in the repair manual though.

One other point - really watch your leg at stops. I got my jeans a little to close and YE-oOUCH! Only did that once. Otherwise I have been really pleased.
I've been thinking about that ever since I ordered them. I've been watching my right leg when I ride now to see how close it gets to that side of the engine. I THINK I'll be ok. I want to get a set of extended foreward controlls, but I decided to wait until I get a few rides in with the mayhems before I start moving my legs out.

Sound is excellent. Doesn't sound like a HD by any means. Very deep and perfect volume -- just loud enough to let them know you are coming but quite enough to think. lol
T
I think I've used that exact phrasing to describe the sound I'm looking for in a set of pipes before! Thanks for the info, can't wait to get them on! :D

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Lol, I think I'll be able to get it from that description! I might have to look up "Square thing" in the repair manual though.
I've been thinking about that ever since I ordered them. I've been watching my right leg when I ride now to see how close it gets to that side of the engine. I THINK I'll be ok. I want to get a set of extended foreward controlls, but I decided to wait until I get a few rides in with the mayhems before I start moving my legs out.
I think I've used that exact phrasing to describe the sound I'm looking for in a set of pipes before! Thanks for the info, can't wait to get them on! :D
No worries! Happy to help. I am not that long legged - a whopping 5'6" so my leg is a bit closer to pipes then your average Joe. Let us know if you need any assistance with the install. I got lots of encouragement and assistance when I installed my forward controls -- took me all of three days to bleed my brake line. :D <-- what a fiasco that was :)
T

1 - 12 of 12 Posts