Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I know this maybe redundant and there are many threads about this but when I search It is always for different setups and what not. I am by no means mechanically inclined and therefore I'm not the best at troubleshooting problems with engines and the like so I'll come out and ask...

My intake, and controller has arrived and I want to put them on today...

But I'm worried that I wont get the settings correct for the controller and i'll do harm to my engine so with that said please give me advice (clueless) on what I need to set my pots to with the following setup.

Roadburner exhaust with baffles in
Cobra Powerflow Intake

I've read 1,2,2 should suffice but i've seen others with different pots...
I do not know what I'm listening for or to look for to determine what I need to change to get the best setting that wont ruin my baby....

Please advise, Clueless chime in if you can. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
1-2-1 or 1-2-2 should be fine. Your not going to hurt anything by playing with the settings.

·
Premium Member
13,706 Posts
like richard said 1 2 2 is a good setting to start with.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1-2-1 or 1-2-2 should be fine. Your not going to hurt anything by playing with the settings.
What am I looking for from the bike... acceleration, response, etc...
I don't know if I have the no how to recognize if there is something wrong with the settings and I don't want to be too lean or too rich where I do damage... I guess what I am asking is what am I looking for to pay attention too to tell me the settings are wacked or should I just do 1,2,2 and take it to a dyno shop

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
What am I looking for from the bike... acceleration, response, etc...
I don't know if I have the no how to recognize if there is something wrong with the settings and I don't want to be too lean or too rich where I do damage... I guess what I am asking is what am I looking for to pay attention too to tell me the settings are wacked or should I just do 1,2,2 and take it to a dyno shop
Just set it at 1-2-2 and you'll be in "fat city"; as close to optimal as you're going to get. It's really that simple; stop worrying!

P.S. At some point, you're going to want to disconnect/block-off your PAIR Valves, just to eliminate that residual roll-off popping.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just set it at 1-2-2 and you'll be in "fat city"; as close to optimal as you're going to get. It's really that simple; stop worrying!

P.S. At some point, you're going to want to disconnect/block-off your PAIR Valves, just to eliminate that residual roll-off popping.

Cheers
Pair valves have been removed already, forgot to include that in the original post.

·
Registered
1 Posts
what should the settings be on my fi2000 with a low and mean adapter with a twisted spike intake and cobra swept pipes? I know some of you have this same set-up.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
what should the settings be on my fi2000 with a low and mean adapter with a twisted spike intake and cobra swept pipes? I know some of you have this same set-up.
like everyone said before 1-2-2 for the Cobra FC is a good place to start and then adjust from there, that's what i have mine set at with a spike and morton inferno's with power cones and they are unbaffled, you can easily adjust the settings on it with a small screwdriver, just put the FC under the rubber strap for your battery and then if you need to make any adjustments all you have to do is pull that side panel off and it's staring you in the face.

on a side note, i don't know why everyone dislikes the crackling when downshifting/rolling off throttle, i dig it personally, it's not extremely crackly <if that's a word> but it has a nice dual exhaust popping to it.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
i dont remember what i have mine set to .. i believe its 2-2-3. I have the Viper 2s and the PowrFlo with my pair valves blocked and i still get some popping from my exhaust. I love the sound, and im running rich enough that my pipes are only slightly bronzed at the base.

·
Premium Member
13,706 Posts
i am running 1 2 2 and have plenty of power.i can ride the mountains and not do all the up and down shifting.with intake, pipes and controller that setting will work fine.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts

1-2-2 and forget about it!

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I recently changed mine to 1-3-3, in my mind I have a bit more acceleration in 4th and 5th. No longer lathargic when rolling on the throttle in those two gears.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts