Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went riding with a group of guys today from roadstarraider.com. One of them built an electronic cruise control set up for their bikes. There were 3 Raiders in the group that had it. I will say I was a little jealous every time I saw them drop their right hand down to let it rest. after 235 miles I was wishing I would have had it to say the least. So i talked to Rob about building a kit for the Fury. He is going to do it for me and I was wondering if anyone else might be interested in it after he is done. He is going to be out of town at a rally in NC, I think, in August and he said he will need my bike when he gets back.

Here is what the set up looks like. And he said the price will probably be in the same range.customraider.net - motorcycle cruise control

This was the four button set up on his bike.

And the 2 button which is what I will get on my friend Paul's bike.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
That is pretty cool, $330-$360 is a little more then I want to spend for a cruise control but I might change my mine since they are well worth it. Just a few questions...

1. Does the automatically turn off when the brakes are applied?
2. Does it use a speed singal input to keep it at the same speed?
3. What is the differece between the buttons on the 2 and 4 setup?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cuts off if you hit the throttle, clutch or brakes.
It does use a speed signal input to keep speed.
2 button is set/coast & resume/accel
4 button adds a cancel and a free button. Rob set his garage door opener on it some how. :confused:

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Hmmm... I could be pretty interested in this then, I like the 2 button setup to keep it small. I was going to go with a throttle lock but I hate adjusting it all the time to keep the speed the same.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Very cool! Don't know if I like the price tag though, but I guess for a Breakaway cruise control you are paying $180 so I think that makes this worth it if you have the money and the time to take long rides to get your monies worth out of it. I definitely couldn't afford it anytime soon though. Thanks for sharing with us!

·
Registered
324 Posts
i just use a suicide cruise and it works fine for me. set it, stretch your hand out for a bit, then release it. but the electronic is pretty bad ass

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
I get a sharp twitch down my spine every time I see an aftermarket add on for cruise controls. I know its just me but I've always felt this way and there is just something about cruise controls and the thoughts of a possible malfunction of one on a bike that just scares the living hell out of me.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
wow. read that thread and went to a couple of vendor sites. not a simple mod.
Yeah I went over and read that stuff like you did and totally agree that it doesn't look very easy to do.

Although I agree with Dave also, it would be nice to have an electronic cruise control, but I see what you are saying.

I think I'm going to end up going with a Vista Cruise Control or something like that so I don't have to worry about splicing into the wires and don't have to worry about something electrical going wrong with it, plus it's cheaper.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I get a sharp twitch down my spine every time I see an aftermarket add on for cruise controls. I know its just me but I've always felt this way and there is just something about cruise controls and the thoughts of a possible malfunction of one on a bike that just scares the living hell out of me.
That's why you have a kill switch. So you don't have to worry about your bike becoming a Toyota.

I like the simplicity of a kit that has all the parts in it with instructions and a person that can help me install it. If I wanted to spend more time working on my bike then riding I would have bought a used Harley.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Anybody know of a electronic cruise control that the switches are incorperated into the throttle switches?

I seen it on a guys HD that i rode with and was very jelous as he dropped his right arm.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts