Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, nothing came up when i looked, but a buddy of mine that owns a custom cycle shop gave me an idea. I was asking him about taking my fork tubes and rear pumkin off and sending them out to be chromed. He said doing the fork tubes would be great, would take about 2 weeks but he said, why dont you paint the pumkin black to match the black access cover on the inside part of the pumkin side swing arm. He said the black would make the rear chrome wheel pop and would be a nice touch. I actually pictured it and said the same thing, what do you guys think?

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
DO IT!
This has been done a few times! Mine will also be black in a matter of a few short days.
Good luck!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone know of anyone with it done that has a few pics to share, and here I thought it was gonna be something new,,lmao

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Anyone know of anyone with it done that has a few pics to share, and here I thought it was gonna be something new,,lmao
I have seen it a few times in the last year but not recently. Give me two weeks and I can show you mine!:D:eek::cool:

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
I did mine a long time ago. It has held up very well. i will try to find and post some pics if someone doesn’t beat me to it.

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
Mine was done last week . Picked up bike saturday at noon but had to work saturday night, then church and sleep today. Will try to post pics Monday morning if it does not rain

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I had to re-read the intial post cause i thought you were talking about painting the black rubber access panel, which would be a pain because it is so flexable. Now i understand you wanting to paint the "pumkin" black to match that access panel. Black on a blue bike? I dont know. Me personally, i painted mine blue to match the bike.

And chrome, you will more then likely be waiting more then 2 weeks for it to be completed. Currently im going on 4 weeks with mine, and after the shop welded the wrong part, i fear i may be waiting even longer. The long wait times are due to the fact that its a down time for lots of people, and everyone rebuilds during this time.

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
Finally

blue final drive with new Bikes2NV chrome wheels

Low and Mean chrome disc with said wheels

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Finally

blue final drive with new Bikes2NV chrome wheels

Low and Mean chrome disc with said wheels

They didn't shave the middle off... shame... Thought they were supposed to be really good... Hope they didn't charge you too much for those rims...Chrome looks good, but they should have shaved off the OEM casting on the rim...

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
They didn't shave the middle off... shame... Thought they were supposed to be really good... Hope they didn't charge you too much for those rims...Chrome looks good, but they should have shaved off the OEM casting on the rim...
So now your bashing Bikes2NV...tsk tsk tsk, now that's a shame.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts