Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still working on a way to "bolt" on the scoop. the bottom fits, but the bolt holes are over nothing. The irate grill does not go low enough to attach as expected. there is also a slight bit of space at the top of the scoop on the sides where the grill angles in. Ill update when I get a better idea on what i want to do. images to give you an idea on what its gonna look like.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
I am still working on a way to "bolt" on the scoop. the bottom fits, but the bolt holes are over nothing. The irate grill does not go low enough to attach as expected. there is also a slight bit of space at the top of the scoop on the sides where the grill angles in. Ill update when I get a better idea on what i want to do. images to give you an idea on what its gonna look like.

Hi Jnukes, do you know if the Irate radiator cover fits behind the HONDA front spoiler (which I already have fitted)? BTW yours looks great! Cheers

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Jnukes, do you know if the Irate radiator cover fits behind the HONDA front spoiler (which I already have fitted)? BTW yours looks great! Cheers
The honda one does. The l&m one, like i have, will have to be modded. and THANKS!!!!

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Thanks

The honda one does. The l&m one, like i have, will have to be modded. and THANKS!!!!
Thanks for that. I just wanted to check to make sure it would be an easy fit for me and without any hassles. Cheers

·
Registered
788 Posts
You'd think those two (L&M and Irate) would get together and make their individual products work together. Not many of us just wanting one or the other, but since I bought the Irate grill first, can't send Chris any more money. Just my $.02 worth(or $1.50 based on todays gas prices:D)

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
You'd think those two (L&M and Irate) would get together and make their individual products work together. Not many of us just wanting one or the other, but since I bought the Irate grill first, can't send Chris any more money. Just my $.02 worth(or $1.50 based on todays gas prices:D)
I totally agree with you. At least their design should take other products into consideration so that they are compatable.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I totally agree with you. At least their design should take other products into consideration so that they are compatable.

Irate has said in the past that he would try and fit the grill to the scoop, if someone sent him a scoop to go by. but that has been a while and If i was yopu i would call them and ask.

By the way, I think a simple bracket will let it connect. got some stuff tonight i am gonna try on it in the next few days, ill post updates.

·
Registered
788 Posts
thanks Jnukes....keep us posted

I'd love to have the L&M scoop, but only if it would fit up with the grill already on the bike.

And Honda, IMO, wants just too damn much for theirs, plus you know you'd have to buy the led's for it, so what we talking, $500 for a little scoop and 2 bulbs....not today.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
made 2 simple brackets 3 inches long and attached them to the connection arms on the grill. The rt side is about 1/2 inch further away from the lm scoop mount holes so will have to get a longer bolt for the rt side. This is where i realized my first problem. when connecting the irate grill you have to tighten the bolt from under. that makes mounting the scoop not doable before the grill is on. (on factory, you connect the scoop then put on bike.) So now i have to find away to bolt on from only the outside. after that it will be done. Ill post pics of what i did today and final product when i figure the bolt problem out.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
scoop is on and secure. felt like an idiot when i realized, if i take the wire mesh out i could attach the bolts without any problems at all. Ill take pics tomorrow when the weather clears up. small gap on the upper sides but doesn't look bad.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok this is the mod, simple and cheap.

Took alum bar and cut 2 3 inch pieces. Drilled a small hole 1/4 inch from top and did the same to the lower piece of the arm on the grill. I then put a rivet in it to hold. you can put a bolt if you want, but not alot of space to work in on the back side.

Now i suggest putting the grill on the bike. Place the scoop on the bike also. mark your holes (on the alum) through the existing holes on the scoop. The left hole will be about 1/4 inch lower then the rt one. Remove grill and drill the marked holes. The bolts that come with the scoop are too short to use so i got 1 1/2 inch bolts to replace them.

Place grill on bike and secure it. (you can not get to bolts after scoop is on) Put scoop on bike and secure to bolts. To do this the screen on the scoop has to be off. put screen on and you are done.

As i said before, there is a slight gap at the top of the scoop and ill take pics today when I get home.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Looks great!

·
Registered
788 Posts
Looks great Jnukes....

Thanks for the pics, now I can look at buying the chin scoop to go with my grill.

Who painted urs for you or did you order it painted from L&M???

·
Registered
66 Posts
looks great!, props!

i may have to do this to my bike in the near future :D

can't wait to see some more pics, especially close up ones!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
here is a close up, dam flash brings out the dirty unders. Def time for a good wash now.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

mats
1/8 x 1/2 alum-flat (2) 3 inch pieces

top hole is 1/8 hole fixed with a 1/8 rivet

bottom hole is 1/4 with a 1/4 20 x 1.5 bolt and matching lock nut.

Note..due to placement the right side bottom hole is lower then the left side.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts