Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was at the Ironhorse Roundup today in Libertyville Il.
There were thousands of bikes there, bikes as far as the eye could see.
I did not see one Fury there, not even mine, since I brought my wife with me and we took my VTX instead. I figured she would be more comfortable on the X, with the back rest and Ultimate seats.
I didn't see even one, that is a testament to how rare the Fury still is, at least in northern Illinois. I did see one bike that looked like my fury on steroids, so I snapped a pic.
After we got home, my wife said she would have been fine on the Fury, since we didn't have far to travel. Gee honey, thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Hate to rain on your parade.

I also was at the iron horse round up.
I live in Crystal Lake IL, 30mi from the Libertyville sports complex.
I was at the first round up in 2004 when it was at the Austons saloon and eatery six years ago. There was about 5000 people that went threw that day.
They expected 60,000 today,
My Fury was there today, but it was the only one I saw. Matte black. No one knew what it was.
I said it was a MB Custom, (Mr Byber) limited.
Funny thing is,every person seemed to act like they knew what I was talking about. You know,"oh yea I heard of them."
All Honda symbols are coverd so bikers have know idea what it is.
By the way, where are you coming from?

·
Registered
829 Posts
How did you cover all the Honda symbols?

I know there are the V covers for the Honda on the engine (wish they had plain smooth chrome), but do you still have the Honda on top of the triple tree?

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
YES I DO!
Funny you say that. I thought about removing that but figured that it would not be seen.
So far know one has noticed (not that it matters) and I will probably remove it but I don't want a little blank rectangle that looks like something is missing.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm in Hainesville, a mere five miles from Libertyville. I bought my blue Fury at Honda Northwest in Crystal Lake. I de badged as well, and have the S&S air cleaner, Cobra swepts W/O baffels, and Accutronix Tribal extended foreward controls.
I was looking hard for a Fury, but found none. Lots of nice bikes though, and some very nice fake breasts.

·
Registered
829 Posts
YES I DO!
Funny you say that. I thought about removing that but figured that it would not be seen.
So far know one has noticed (not that it matters) and I will probably remove it but I don't want a little blank rectangle that looks like something is missing.
Any aftermarket options out there to replace that too?

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
TXfury,
Now that I think about it I will probably leave the honda symbol on the tree.
When someone finally does see it they will probably think I put it there as a joke.

·
Registered
829 Posts
V Cover Question

Also does the V cover both sides or just the one? Even though I would prefer a smooth option, I am tired of waiting. There was no point though of it does not cover both sides.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I was at the Ironhorse Roundup today in Libertyville Il.
There were thousands of bikes there, bikes as far as the eye could see.
I did not see one Fury there, not even mine, since I brought my wife with me and we took my VTX instead. I figured she would be more comfortable on the X, with the back rest and Ultimate seats.
I didn't see even one, that is a testament to how rare the Fury still is, at least in northern Illinois. I did see one bike that looked like my fury on steroids, so I snapped a pic.
After we got home, my wife said she would have been fine on the Fury, since we didn't have far to travel. Gee honey, thanks for the heads up.
That looks a LOT like my bike... the frame and tank look exactly the same but the fenders and swingarm are different and the forks are inverted. And a bunch of little easily changed things like mirrors, rims, etc are different but I'd have to place my vote that it's a customized Thunder Mountain Spitfire.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Are we talking about replacing the fake tits txfury? WHY? Kidding.
I also got my bike fron northwest honda. I live about a mile from there.
Please tell me you are not the guy that got the foward controls put on your fury (by Chris the crimnal parts manager) there?
I just ordered Cobra swept black, cobra intake (both on back order) Diamond polished foward controls, (accutronix) and a EFI.
I ask because they said they just installed the controls on a fury and I missed seeing them by a day.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Got all my covers from Kuryakyn.
Actually, saved alot of money buying them brand new off ebay.
There is alot of things on ebay for our bikes.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
DAMN!
Would have been nice to see in person.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts